I've had ghosting vision for a while now,what should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I read somewhere that dry eyes can cause ghosting vision. I've had dry eyes for a long time now. The causes are spending too much time in front of a computer screen and being around smokers. Also,can dry eyes be genetic? My mother has dry eyes too and I'm just wondering if that's also the reason I have dry eyes. (And the ghosting vision gets a little worse when my eyes are more dry than usual.) Oh and I also see mucus in my eyes. It is a little stringy so it could be another symptom of dry eyes.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes, the tendency towards dry eyes can be inherited. It sounds as though you have the classic symptoms...stringiness,mucus and ghosting vision.

If you spend a lot of time on a computer screen try to limit it to one hour at a time and constantly blink to spread any tear film you may have left.

If you dont already use a lubricating fluid in your eyes,now is the time to start. Buy some Hypromelllose drops [artificial tears] from your chemist/pharmacy and use them several times a day and just before you close your eyes to sleep.

You dont say how old you are or what you are using at the moment,but dont neglect this condition.

May help to get your eyes tested as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.