I’ve had headaches most of my adolescent years, seem to be worsening.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 17 year old female and as long as i can remember, i have had these headaches which are tolerable. The reason for the headaches in the past were due to my eye sight and so i got glasses.

My eye sight improved and so i was told i didn't need to wear the glasses anymore, which the headaches had gone for a while.

However, over the last couple of weeks/months i have experienced headaches again but these are like nothing i have ever had and the pain rate is at the top of the scale at ten.

The headaches would sometimes come on suddenly and aggressive like someone was hammering my head with a heavy object. It would worsen when i would stand up or try to do anything so i would have to stop until the pain subsides which will be roughly 3-5 minutes.

Due to the fact i had mild headaches before due to my eye sight i thought that it could be that again, however having gone for a recent eye exam, it was shown that it not my eye sight and the opticians told me to seek help from the G.P.

However, when these headaches are present i also experience problems with my right eye. First it was twitching, and it would seem as if it was sensitive to light. Then, my vision would go blurry in my right eye and no matter what i would do it would not subside (blinking) so i would wait it out until it would stop. As well as this i would often see little things floating in my view or sometimes i would see somethings to the right side of my body like dots of lights in the corner of my eye.

A side from the eye twitching, i have also been experiencing more symptoms like my right thumb would start shaking for small time and then i would feel some type of sensation in my right hand by my wrist but further up the hand. I would also feel tingling in my left hand.

Not sure if this is anything, but i would also hear my heart beat in my eyes. Like it was racing.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like headaches I have been having, I think I may have occipital neuralgia.

• Posted

Does it, have you been seen by a doctor about them ?

• Posted

no I have read up on headaches and neurological illnesses for a while though because I get these weird symptoms from time to time. I suffer with bruxism and it puts a strain on my neck which causes headaches and I also get twitching in my eye when I get a pain over it. The pain gets worse when I cough or bend over. I have been worried that I may have had MS because I have also experienced numbness and tingling. But since I have read up on occipital neuralgia, everything seems to fit into place. At the moment I can live with it, but if it gets worse I will definitely see a doctor about it. I don't have bad symptoms all the time just occasionally. I think if I don't sleep well it becomes more of a problem.

I would recommend you see a neurologist because your vision is being affected you may need an mri scan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.