I’ve had heart palpitations and a strong twitching throbbing sensation in my neck for over 3 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been to the doctors about the neck pain/twitching throbbing sensation and they have put this down to anxiety.

I feel like this is more than anxiety because this happens when I'm feeling completely fine and I'm out and about enjoying myself.

My neck is painful, and the pain radiates to my ear and jaw. I also have earaches. I feel like my lymph nodes have been swollen for a while now but doctors say not.

Sometimes my legs go completely numb and my heart rate shoots through the roof.

Has anyone else experienced this? help 😦

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'd get a second opinion if i were you! That doesn't sound right!

• Posted

hi, did they do any kind of tests on you? Some of your symptoms sound like disc problems in your neck. You need to get to a neurologist or a pain clinic. I think this Dr. is not treating you with the respect and concern you deserve. Keep on pursuing an answer what is going on now can influence the quality of your life forever. Be persistent with this Dr. its his/her job to make you well. Be persistent but not combative. Ask them for a referral to a neurologist! Dont give up, you deserve and need to know what is going on!

• Posted

Hi, not had any tests as of yet. i have a 24 hour ECG booked in on 7th october. will see how that goes. Feel like every time i go to the doctors i am just bothering them as they keep telling me its just anxiety, but to be honest i dont feel anxious at all! thank you for the response.

• Posted

This sounds so scary, especially when your twitching starts around your neck and jawline, you must fear you are about to have a stroke or something awful. A couple of years ago I used to twitch a lot and could be out in public walking along and my leg would shoot up in the air like a soldier marching along . The GP I had at that time did not take it very seriously because I was not twitching all the time. It upset me so much. Now that my twitching has gone the other illnesses I suffer have got worse. So, I am not medically qualified to suggest this but just sharing my own experience, maybe you have the warning signs of another illness and when that illness is diagnosed and treated, maybe, like mine, your twitching will stop. Just a thought. Sorry if its unhelpful for you personally.

• Posted

yes its so strange! thank you for the advice, it does help. its getting so annoying as it is getting scary but then at the same time some times the numbness and twitching goes off so i feel like it cant be anything too bad as it is not persistent.

anyway, thank you. hope you are ok!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.