I’ve had hsp for 9 months I’m 16

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello my name is mia ive been dignosed with hsp ive had it for 9 months straight its affecting my kidneys and have to have a kidney biopsy does anyone have an idea on how long it will take for the rash to go it really gets me down and makes me feel depressed as no 16 year old girl wants on her skin especially in the summer i cant were cool thinks always have to be covered up couse i dont want people seeing my rash it makes my anxiety over the roof and its very hard for me to keep acting happy when its been going on for to long now

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mia,

It sounds like you're having a really tough time with HSP. We've all been there. The advice I get from doctors and other sufferers is that it can really vary how long it takes for the rash to go down.

It sounds like the doctors are looking after you and my advice in relation to the rash is to do what I did, which is just embrace that you have the condition and try not to care about what anyone else thinks. Wear the clothes that you want to wear. Yes you may get a few looks every now and again but you do just get used it and it stops bothering you after a while. Plus, the enjoyment you get from doing and wearing what you want, far outweighs the negative feelings of somebody looking at you in a funny way or making a nasty comment.

I know this might sound like a big step but it's one worth taking, you can't let the HSP dictate what you do, you have to take control. Try to remember you're not the only person suffering from this and the rash should go with time (being a youngster you have as good a chance as anybody).

• Posted

thankyou so much for your advice i just feel alone sometimes ive lost 3 stone in the past 2 months of how bad i feel about myself ive been stressed in the pass but doctors cant give me anything because of my age and said stress will impact on hsp ive been thinking the worst reading everyones posts about hsp n saying they have had the rash for years its just a horrible thing to go through when your mental health is also low but thankyou for your reply its nice to no someone understands me

• Posted

Its a normal feeling to have, Mia. But at some point you have to start taking control of it and stop it controlling you.

From what I've been told and read, it's very very rare the rash will stay with you forever. More likely it will go at some point and then either not come back or just come back in bursts.

In order for it to go sooner rather than later though you have to maintain a healthy diet. I know it sounds like you're struggling but you have to just keep fighting. You'll get your rewards in the end.

• Posted

i really wish this condition would get more attention that what it does im fed up of being fobbed off by doctors in which seems to me they dont know enough about so just choose to ignore it! my now 8 yr old is still suffering from it still has scars and kids making fun of her which yeah ok kids dont know better but what i dont understand is there is no afer care no advice on how to cope or get over this HSP

• Posted

i hope your 8 year old gets better soon hsp is a very horrible thing to have as bein young because self image now a days mean so much as adults take it under the chin everytime i go the doctors they just say the same things they no nothing about hsp only what they have read up i get my kidney biopsy tomorrow because it has affected my kidneys they said they cant help stop the hsp and rash only deal with the damage it makes on the way

• Posted

Hi Mia - My daughter had HSP around 2 years back. We tried a number of things based on suggestions we received from various forums like this one. One of the things that was commonly suggested and which she tried was to adopt a bland diet of mainly salads with vegetables, fruits and some protein (chicken). She avoided sugar, spicy food, dairy, wheat and all processed food. She also drank a lot of water every day (around 3-4 liters). I noticed that her conditions didnot flare up when she kept to this diet but every time she tried other food during the period she had hsp, it flared up. Finally it went off but it took her a while before she got back to regular diet. She's perfectly healthy now. While she was sick, it seemed to us also like an eternity but she did eventually get better-so just hang in there ! Also one other thing that helped her for the pain was acupuncture.. Hope you get better soon.

• Posted

thankyou how long did your daughter have the hsp? its not a nice thing to have really as self image is important x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.