I’ve had irregular period since smear, is that normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my smear about 4/5weeks ago- I got my next period as normal on my due date abt 10days after! I got severe cramps with it thou(hot water bottle and nurofen type pain!) this would not be the norm for me! My breasts were also very tender! Once my period ended as normal, my breast’s continued to feel tender and sore! Yesterday I got another period- 9 days early!! This is not like me AT ALL!! I’m usually as regular as clockwork and als have been! Could this all be connected to the smear? Previously I had been getting thrush a lot - don’t know if it’s related either - said it to my nurse when I was getting smear and she wasn’t concerned by it, but I was cos I was getting it monthly and a week before my period due date!! Anyone else get irregular periods after a smear?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.