I’ve had itchy ears for 2 years!

Posted , 4 users are following.

i dont know what to do, niether does the ear doctor. He keeps prescribing peanut oil. They are definitely inflamed. I was going about every few months for wax overproduction. I got tired of the painful procedure and got my own camera so I can carefully keep my ears clean myself. but they are extremely itchy all the time. I've left alone for weeks because now it seems as if wax is not producing normally now. Please help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Itchy ears can have many causes, from fungal infections, chronic dermatitis, excessive wax, and even allergies. If your current doctor doesn't seem to know how to diagnose and treat the problem, I suggest you seek the advice of another professional.

In many cases, a second or third opinion makes a huge difference.

• Posted

My best friend was recently diagnosed with candida, her ears get really sore, crusty and sometimes can close up she said. Maybe it's candida for you too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.