I've had itchy red bumps all over my skin. Any ideas what it could be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past month or so I keep getting tiny red bumps on my skin, mostly on my hands, stomach and legs. I'm fifteen and the only places I don't get them are on my head and the bottom of my feet. They disappear and come back regularly but there is always an itchy spot somewhere.

I've been looking through the NHS website and asking my parents who are loosely in the medical field, but neither of them can figure it out.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what it could be? I can't go to the doctor just yet because it's impossible to get there alone and both parents work full time. It's beginning to get unbearable. TIA

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Rashes are often a great mystery,and sometimes disappear without finding any cause. Do you feel ill or just a bit itchy?     Could it be related to something you are eating?  Do you have a new pet in the house? What are your clothes washed in? Has this been changed lately?

Could they be related to your periods?

Do any of your school friends suffer in the same way? 

• Posted

It might be allergic eczema.

If you want to get rid of them, you have to first understand that it means that your body came into contact with something that could make you sick, your immune system promotes chemical changes to help your body ward off disease.

You’re exposed to thousands of substances each day, and most don’t cause your immune system to react. In some cases, however, you may come into contact with certain substances that trigger an immune system response, even if they aren’t typically harmful to the body. These substances are known as allergens. When your body reacts to them, it causes an allergic reaction.

An allergic reaction can take a number of forms. Some people experience difficulty breathing, coughing, burning eyes, and a runny nose when they’re having an allergic reaction. Other allergic reactions cause changes in the skin.

Allergic eczema is an itchy skin rash that develops when you come into contact with an allergen. The condition often occurs hours after you’ve been exposed to the substance that triggered the allergic reaction.

Allergic eczema is also known as:

allergic dermatitis

contact dermatitis

allergic contact dermatitis

contact eczema

You would need to keep your skin clean regularly. After that, you can use steroid creams like fucicort cream(betamethasone) or fucidin, to get rid of the red bumps. It is best that you consult with a doctor from to give you a suitable cleanser and cream for your legs. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.