I've had left side stomach pains and feeling tired for the past 3 weeks, what should I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Not sure if this is related to menopause. I am having these sticking pains on the left side of my stomach area, arm, and the left side of my back and I feel it travells to my upper chest area under the left side of my breast. I am also tired and have flu like symptoms. I am 52 and I am thinking it may be menopause related. Also, everthing I eat I run to the bathroom about half an hour after. Right now I am dizzy and tired and just got out of bed no more than an hour ago. I know I may be depressed, but I should not feel this down and weak.

Does anyone have any suggestions... 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I have the exact same symptoms as you with the pains on the side, if it travels, then it's gas. The only way to move out gas is either exercise, walking or someone tapping your back as you would a baby to make them burp. The latter is the method that works for me when I'm not being active.

As for feeling low, get yourself a good quality multivitamin. This will pick you up. Take it everyday and take extra vitamin D3. For stomach issues, eat cabbage. Juice it or eat it in coleslaw or just plain raw. It cures stomach issues according to medical studies. If you need more advice feel free to pm me. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I'm 52, same symptoms, the flu like feelings are the worse.  Always left side pain. I think it's the spleen. Perimeno caused EBV to reactivate, but I only figured this out after almost a year of being really sick and having every test under the sun and having my gall bladder removed.  I thought it might've been reflux so changed my diet and lost 30 pounds. Just got sicker. Have the doc do an EBV test and make sure they do the early antigen IgG. 

• Posted

I know what you're saying, I will speak with my Doctor on this. I just thought that the Doctor would think that I'm being silly and over-thinking my symptoms... 

• Posted

hi there  are you peri or in menopause and do you get any spotting ,,,  is it wind pain or stabbing pain ? where is pain ? and do you think could be overys ?   xx
    • Posted

Hi Lynwell,

You know I am not sure, but I will guess that am premenopausal... No spotting at all. The pain is like a stabbing pain on the left side, like if you pose with your hands to the side...I don't think its the ovaries...

• Posted

ok sweetheart then I'm not sure, I had an ovarian cyst that caused me a lot of stabbing pain in my right side sort of low into groin,, make sure that you get some answers xx good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.