I've had mild gastritis for 2 months, how can I get rid of it for good?

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 2 months ago i was throwing up and deficating excessivley, i went to the hospital and they gave me a lot of meds. I soon felt better. A couple days later i felt better and started to eat regualr foods again. Soon after that i woke up with chronic pain chronic nausea and throwing up again. 

The doctor told me I had gastritis, and gave me more meds. Days later i felt better, but still very sick. I felt so nauseous for the next couple weeks. Soon the acidy pain in the stomach went away from the meds and the nausea was mild. That was about a month after being sick. 

I ate a bland diet for weeks and felt almost 100 percent fine, than i slipped up and ate bad foods and drank beer and the stomach uncomfort comes and goes. Some days i can what i want with no problem and some days i can't with no medicine. 

Now it has been 2 months with this mild gastritis, i have a busy next couple of months with parties and vacations. What should i do to permenantly elminate all the symptoms of gastrtitis. Please let me know. Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi mate, ive suffered with gastritis and had a biopsy done which confirmed i had 'reactive gastritis' in other words it's always there waiting to strike! Poor diet will almost inevitably flare this up as the crap that's in the foods will cause you a lot of acid reflux and that's where it starts. I take 20mg omazropole daily and that has all but eradicated the problem! Bear in mind you have yu take these for like because they are not a short fix they keep the acid levels down so you have to maintain them. Hardly a chore you only have to remember to pop one in your mouth once a day 😀 i eat quite healthy but as you say if you have parties etc to attend then you can eat/drink because it's occasional but it couldn't be a way of life. Have your blowouts but try to just eat normally the rest of the time and take the PPI's ALL the time and there's your solution. It's about prevention not intervention. Hope it helps.
    • Posted

Thanks i appreciate the help. When i eat bad it isnt acid reflex, its just a discomfort in my upper abdominal and it makes me feel like crap.
  • Posted

Hi Anthony

Have you been tested for h.pylori helicobacter pylori...it is a stomach bacteria that causes pain, sickness, acisdreflux and loose and frequent bowel movements. It is spiril shaped and burrows into the stomach wall and duodenum. It is tested via your stool or these days a breath test....it is treated with antibiotics......go back to your doc and request a test as a second opinion.......best wishes...

• Posted

i've had a cat scan, ultrasound, x rays, every test for the stomach and they didnt seee anything. They never mentioned h pylori, they told me it will feel better over time but it hasnt.
    • Posted

Hi Anthony,

Ask your doc for an H.Pylori test just as a process of elimination. Many people suffer with gastritic tums and pain in abdominal area ranging from upper abdominal to lower abdominal. It can be a range of causes. A friend of mine suffered for years with gastritis, she had HP test and it was positive...and those spiral shaped bacteria was the cause of all her suffering..She was prescribed strong antibiotics...she now takes probiotic tabs...they are good bacteria to keep your stomach flora in good condition and natural yogurt with grapes and blueberry they are antioxidants.....also liquorice tabs that HP hates because it kills HP. I would strongly recommend you ask your GP for the HP test.....best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.