I've had molluscum contagiosum for 8 years.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I'm 18 and I've had MC for 8 years now. I am completely hopeless. I've tried EVERY AND ANYTHING. I got them burnt with azote by a dermatologist, I've used homeopathy, Apple Cide Vinegar, dietary supplements, Zymaderm, Conzerol...I currently have lots of papules on my neck, armpits and belly. I don't know what to do, it truly depresses me. I'm off to college in September and I don't want this disease to prevent me from living my best life...It's just really sad. Does anyone have an advice? Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I’m sorry you’re going through this and for so long!!

My 2 daughters had it and i managed to contain it and have it gone in about 6 months of thorough diligent care.

I too had tried everything, only thing that helped the best was Apple cider vinegar. I think it’s most important to apply it as the Papule  gets larger. I used a tiny piece of cotton (from a q-tip) and soaked it in ACV and I covered literally every spot I saw. My daughters were walking around with spot band aids all over their body.... then at night I used a stretchy allergy free tape to hold each down. It’s best to see them in the light, so would have them lay in the sun or by a light to see them. 

Then we avoided all swimming pools. 

I washed their clothes after every wear.

Never used a towel more than once. 

I had the girls shower morning and night.... also used a hairdryer to dry the skin as then you don’t rub the skin.  I washed their sheets every 2 days (would flip the sheets over after the first night - to get 2 days out of it) we had so many tears over this and would have to allow at least an hour morning and night to do both of the girls skin with ACV and bandaids. It was a lot of work and washing, but think it helped!

I hope some of this helps you. Please message me if you have any further questions.  

• Posted

50-100% TCA. Talk to your doctor about it. It will burn but it gets rid of them. You want to put vasline around the bumps but leave the bump uncovered. After that put the tca on the bumps until they turn white. It will burn for about 10-15 minutes. Wait a week and a half if it's not gone do it again. If your doctor won't do it it's available online. This s**t is narley if you do it be warned you can hurt yourself super bad. I'm not a trained professional or claiming to be. This is just what cured my boyfriends and what's helping me get ride of this awful thing. Good luck my friend.

• Posted

Hello mar19467.

I made a post here if you want to check it out, but long story short I cured my molluscum contagiosum by exfoliating with wet sand from a beach. I don't know if all beach sand works, but all my MC vanished in a couple of weeks and all the bumps went red in unison showing they were departing. I hope this works for you and I think you are a very strong person for living with it for so long. 

• Posted

First of all, thank you all for your answers and your kind words. It means a lot! From what I've read, I think I'm going to try the "exfoliating" thing. Hope it works! I'll keep you updated! Thanks again!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.