I've had MS like symptoms for 8 months what is going on?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well I've been feeling like I've not been myself since November last year. I woke up one Saturday with a numb little finger and my left side of my face was too. I felt quite sick and had really bad dizzy spells when I lent over. Well a week went past where the numbness went but I still didn't feel myself my mind was going blank and I was suffering with DP, which I had about 10 years ago when I was going through a bad patch with anxiety. Anyway I decided to google what was wrong with me and it came up with MS. I then thought what if what I had 10 years ago was MS too. I'm only 24 now so I would have been 13/14. And I'm now at the progressive stage.

Well to this day I have had everyone of these symptoms;

-Brain fog

-Feel like I'm losing my memory

-Feel like I'm not me anymore

-Aching

-Go through periods where my tongue feels burnt

-Left foot feels buzzing

-Right hand feels stiff sometimes

-Teary

-Get periods ( happened twice in May) where for about 5 days I have like a burning sensation all over my body, it's not painful just a weird kind of feeling

-Muscle twitching (all over, both eyes and under nose)

-Prickling feeling in feet and hands

-Get periods where when I walk my legs are walking but my mind is separate

-Keep getting random ( patchy) goosebumps everywhere

-Numbness feeling all over body( but it's not actually numb)

-Feel like I concentrate when I speak

-Dizziness

-Ears popping

-Flashes in vision

-Floaters

-Little fingers on each arm goes dead some nights but are ok when I stretch it out.

They don't all come at once and I only get them now and again. May I add I was diagnosed with Anxiety in March after several blood tests that all showed ok. I was prescribed with Setraline that I haven't actually taken because I read that the side affects are horrible.

I graduated from UNI in June and I am currently doing nothing with my life , I barely go out and I have lost contact with all my friends. All I do is live at home and watch each day go by. I don't know if this is just anxiety because I'm not doing anything and I have this thought I have MS in my head it's what's giving me these symptoms. But it just doesn't feel like Anxiety could give me all these symptoms. It's been constant since last November.

What I have noticed is that every month a week before my period I get all the symptoms at once and this is making me think this couldn't be anxiety and Ms it's self!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This is exactly me. I thought it was anxiety at first too. There is definitely anxiety which makes my symptoms way worse but I know there's something else too. Have you had any MRI's? I had a bunch done but they found nothing. 😥I do have periods of time where I feel great! I hope you find answers soon.

• Posted

Well at least you've had MRIs and know there's nothing going on. No I haven't and the worry of thinking I have this probably doesn't help. I have barely felt normal since November and I just feel like I don't recognise and one or anything any more.

But I've read that during a women's menstrual period there symptoms get worse and mine do. Like every week before my period I get a burning sensation all over my body, it's not painful, it's a weird feeling, plus my "DR, DP" get worse where my arms and legs just feel like they aren't connected to my mind and this gets me in a panic and I've noticed I get very teary and I get in a panic.

However there are times when I know it's anxiety playing with me because last week I focused on how one of my pupils is bigger and I googled about it for days.

Then Thursday my eyes started to get weird like when I look at a far and they sort of go into a daze. I feel like you it's part Anxiety but feel something is causing it !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.