I've had my period NON-STOP for 2 MONTHS!?

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the last 2 months I've been bleeding non-stop.

A little background story:

For the last 8 months or so prior to this I had ceased using any contraception (I was not sexually active during this timeframe), as I was about to be sexually active again, I started using the pill called 'Levlen ED' (this was something, I'd used in the past with no issues. Prior to that, from 2012-2018 I was on Norimin 1 aka Brevinor 1, I had been put on that as my very first pill, which I've forgotten the name of, was giving me similar symptoms as I am having today, so my doc switched me to the Norimin 1/Brevinor 1 and it stopped the prolonged bleeding. However, in 2018, by a new different doctor, I was diagnosed with Polycystic ovaries and she advised that Norimin 1 was too strong and I should use the Levlen instead. As I mentioned earlier, I started using Levlen from 2018 with no issues and then ceased it in early 2020.) I had not been on any pill for approx 8 months.

Back to todays issue:

So, now after ceasing Levlen for 8 months and continuing it again, as soon as I started the Levlen again I've been having my period non-stop for the last 2 months! Often it just been spotting rather heavy bleeding. It's strange though as Levlen worked fine for me in the past...

So about 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor (brand new doctor-I travel a lot), this time male, to teIl him about my symptoms. He took blood tests, stds check etc. everything was normal, except that I was low on iron (understanderbly as I'm loosing blood like 24 freaking 7).

He told me to go back on the Norimin 1, as it fixed the same issue back in 2012. UNFORTUNATELY, because I just so happen to have the worst of all lucks, literally ALL the pharmacies around my area were out of stock of the Norimin 1, stating that they hadn't had an order in months! and it's indefinite when they will come back again.... Typical right?

So, I go back to the same doctor (still bleeding now for over 1 month) and he gives me Brenda-35 instead, because it is apparently similar to Norimin 1? meanwhile assuring me 100% that it should stop the symptoms for sure!

2 weeks later on Brenda-35, and I'm STILL bleeding, in fact, not only has it not helped at all, I think the bleeding has actually gotten worse! It's now heavier bleeding, leaking bright red instead of the minimal brown spotting from before, and to top it up it's coming with A LOT of very painful period cramps.

What do I do? what's wrong with me??

Should I stay on Brenda-35 hoping it will eventually work? Try finding Norimin 1 stock by other tedious most likely impossible means? will the Norimin 1 even do anything? Do I quit birth control pills all together and just make my partner use a condom?

Heck, is it even the pill or an underlying condition that causes these symptoms and has nothing to do with birth control??!

Please help. Sorry about the long essay, however, the doctors here just seem useless (most are male) and nothing is working. I'm in constant pain because of the persistent period cramps; all the pads and tampons and pain killers are hurting my wallet; it's ruining my sex life; and I just feel miserable and so helpless that nothing's working and I have no idea what's even causing it. I just want the bleeding to stop!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.