I've had plantar fascitis for 9 months and have tried everything

Posted , 8 users are following.

for nine months I have had plantar fascitis I have tried stretches, night splints, electroade treatment, ice, anti inflammatory. Nothing has given me any relief I'm also going to a physio therapist right now.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

RIght now im trying ultrasound therapy and cuppin therapy bu thanks for ur help
  • Posted

RIght now im trying ultrasound therapy and cupping  therapy bu thanks for ur help. Also electroade treatment is a form of shockwave therapy just they put these electroade pads,on your foot
    • Posted

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the update.  I'm pretty sure the "electroade treatment" you're referring to is also called bioelectric therapy or sometimes electrical stimulation.  Several small, flat rubber adhesive discs (called electrodes) are applied to your skin at prescribed areas to be treated. The electrodes are hooked up to a computer that programs the precise treatment dosage required. When electricity is applied, you probably feel a mild vibrating, tingling sensation. 

Again, just for clarification, this is actually not EPAT/ESWT/shockwave therapy.  They are 2 totally different modalities and ways to treat pain--and they have very different clinical evidence to back them.  

I certainly hope the ultrasound and cupping work for you so you can get back to baseball and ditch the pain.

By any chance, did you ask your dr if he/she knows about EPAT/ESWT?

• Posted

pillow under your knees at night time.? you tried that
  • Posted

A tight trigger point in the calf somewhere can cause pain in the sole of the foot which mimic's plantar faciitis pain. If traditional plantar faciitis treatments are not working for you I suggest exploring your calf in your effected leg for sensitive trigger points using self-massage.

Just because it worked for me it may not be the cause of your pain but what have you got to lose. I found my trigger point on the lateral aspect of my calf just below my knee. I have been massaging it for a few weeks now and my mid sole foot pain has significantly reduced. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.