I’ve had PR for 3 months now...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all- really happy I found this page. I am 26 and got a little red patch on my stomach back in July. I thought it was ringworm and had two doctors tell me it was. So I applied creams and started a fungal pill, but none of it worked. Then I noticed all of the other red patches. So I went to a third doctor who diagnosed me with PR. But of course she said it had to just run it’s course. Well it’s been about 2 months since then and it doesn’t seem to be clearing up. I guess I’m asking for advice on what I should do. I have been sitting in the sun for about 15 min a day for the past few days. And applying coconut oil every night. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

How bad is your rash?

2months? Is it getting better or worse? 

My rash was really bad.  First it started with one mother patch. Then week later it was all over my chest and stoamach. Then it went down to my legs. Now it’s all gone but my rash was so bad. I thought it wasn’t gonna go away.  But to me if it’s a PR. It’s gonna dry up and flaky. That’s how it’s gonna go away. And I used this cream called prreze. To be honest, I’m. It sure if it was the cream that helped or it just went away cuz it was gonna go away. Because it took me a week to actually get the cream. But good news is my PR is gone now. I know it’s hard. I never had a skin problem before so this was really scary for me. And I hit the gym 5-6 days a week.  So it was so hard for me. I was embarrassed to show my body to anyone.  Even doctors or nurses. 

But trust me.  It will go away!  I tried head and shoulder shampoo and tanning. Not sure what helped. But I was doing everything to get rid of this nasty PR. I know what your going through and I know your pain. But it will go away! 

• Posted

Well I thought it was getting better, but now I’m finding more red spots on my lower back and bottom. I looked at prreze but it was crazy expensive and I wasn’t sure if it would work for me. The embarrassment is so real though! 
    • Posted

Well... prreze cream is kind of expensive but I think it was worth it. Cream speeds up the process. And I also took lot of vitamins and ate very healthy. And lots of rest. And to me moisturizing your skin makes it worst.  PR goes away after your rash dries up.  So try not to scratch it. And use prreze if you want. If not just Kermit dry.  When it gets flaky and dry, that means it’s almost done. Bottom line... it will go away. 

• Posted

I used  sudocream which contains zinc oxide.  It helped massively as  well as sunbathing. I also went on a very restricted diet. No alcohol and ate the following, garlic, tumeric, ginger, lots of green veg, chicken, seeds and avocados etc. My rash cleared up totally within four weeks but within  10 days it had retreated a great deal. 
    • Posted

I got an American version of that cream tonight- we’ll see what happens! 
  • Posted

Hello Everyone, 

I got PR twice within a 1 year's period. The first episode was the worst. The mother spot started on my inner wrist and ran it's course from there. Around my back with what is called the "christmas tree". The strange thing is, that whatever happened on one side of my body, also happened on the other side around the same area and looked the same. Has that happened to anyone else? Well never the less, I managed to figure out how to master this PR because as stated the doctor's will tell you that it has to run it's course. And it does in it's own time. 

1. Head and shoulders does do the trick. Before you get in the shower, rub it on your body and let it sit for about 5 mins or so to marinate into your skin.

2. Once in the shower, use luke warm water and no wash rag on the aggravated areas. Dove soap did the trick for me. Especially the "summer edition" brand. I stock up for the winter with that brand because it's only out in the summer. Lather again in the head and shoulders all over, it won't hurt the rest of your body. Don't shower for a long period of time.

3. Once out of the shower, get these brands of lotion from dollar tree:

- shea butter 

- oatmeal

- vitamin E oil

- cocoa butter

- petroleum jelly

Make a mixture in your hand and use them all at the same time. The key is to keep your skin moist with nature products. I stopped using any fragrance goods. Exam: Bath & body works, etc.

4. If possible, after your shower, go outside. For example on your deck and open your towel for vitamin "D" and just stand there for a few moments. The sunlight is also a key factor. Everyone see your doctor to make sure that your vitamin "D" levels are good. Just make sure you walk outside and expose the PR to some sunlight. It helps to dry it up quicker. No pills will work so don't even bother. My doctor also told me that, so I just read up and did the natural thing. Till this day, I still use the same ingredients and PR free. Every now and again I'll get a spot or an itch and just continue to use the head and shoulders. It does knock it out right away. Try to get the brand with almond oil. REMEMBER the main thing is to keep your skin with nutrients. At the end of the day, my goal was that I was going to master this and that it wasn't going to master me. It's not as hard as it seems, but the process does have to run it's course. Just follow this and you will see a difference and it's not expense to do. Don't bother with different doctor's. You'll be wasting your money. I even was sent to a rheumotologist ..... no help!!! Keep me posted. I was hoping that one day I would be able to post a solution to help others and this is it..... not hard and not expense. Just a reminder:

1. Head and shoulders (even store brand is fine)

2. Sunlight

3. No long hot showers..... will just irritate your skin

4. Natural lotions.... stay away from fragrances for a bit

Keep me posted.... and God bless.... this is a crazy thing to experience, but it is curable... THANK GOD!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.