I've had pretty sore boobs for a while, what can it be?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been experiencing sore/tender boobs for a while now. They are sore if they are touched or bumped into. No way I am pregnant. And it's not that time of the month, plus it's been consistent for a few weeks now. Is this something I should be worried about? I am 23, this shouldn't be growing pains right? Any suggestions??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It sounds as if it could be to do with your hormones but as you've had it a while you really should go and get it checked out, just to make sure and to get some treatment for it. I 'm 68 now and well past sore boobs but I remember when I was in my 30s having VERY sore boobs, whether my period was due or not. I had a few lumps as well and saw a consultant who assured me I just had lumpy boobs (although previously I had had a cyst removed) and it was hormonal. My boobs were so sore that I couldn't even take my bra off and wore it at night as well as in the day. It even hurt to put my arms down by my side and when I did remove my bra it felt like there were 10lb weights hanging off them!!. The consultant told me to take some Evening Primrose Oil capsules but there had to be enough of the active ingredient GLA (gamma linolenic acid) to be effective. You have to take 240mg of it a day, that's the GLA not Evening Primrose Oil. For example, I found some capsules that contained 80mg of GLA so took three a day to make the 240mg that was needed. The consultant said that less than 240mg was not going to work and more than 240mg was a waste. Even if the capsules say 1000mg of Evening Primrose Oil, it's the amount of GLA that's important. I was told to take them for four months, to flood my body with the GLA. I did this and after four months the pain had completely gone and has never come back since and I didn't need to take any more after that. My advice is to go to the doctor but you could also try the capsules as they can't do you any harm but could help with the pain. Good luck.
    • Posted

Spindles I hope you are still out there!

I jusr read 2 different posts from you and on 1 you mention 240mg of GLA and on the other over a year ago you stated Linolic acid, so I am confused which is it please, my EP says EP 500mg LA 300mg and GLA 40mg.

Thank you Astrid x

• Posted

Spindles had I of panned down the page to your next post confused I would of seen your note smile GLA 240mg a day is required.

So id it safe for me to take 300mg of EP a day to get the GLA to 240mg.

Thank you so much xx

• Posted

Hi risaroo,

It might actually just be growing pains. I had the same thing from 21-24, I've been telling others 20-23 but I just did the math and it was definitely up until I was 24 (I'm 25 now) You can still grow in your early twenties (I went up 4-5cup sizes in those 3years) but it's always good to get checked by a doctor just incase wink

Goodluck!

Caitie

• Posted

Forgot to mention to get refitted with a new bra, the wrong size bra causes you more pain if you don't keep up with the growth. Even wearing a sports bra helps at night if you have the pain then.

Let me know how you go wink

Caitie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.