I've had really bad panic attacks the past 2 weeks what could I do?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been suffering really bad with anxiety for a few years but the last year has been horrific. I constantly seem to think there is something seriously wrong with me like a brain tumour .. stroke ..heart attack and many others and it's driving me insane! Constantly having tightness in my head...depersonalisation..tight chest..dizzyness..mood swings..funny feelings in my arms like numbness and tingling and it's so frustrating it's effecting my life..my family and my work and my sleep!!! sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking any meds? I understand what you are going through. It's hard because the feeling overtakes you. I'm the same way except that mine is more shortness of breath and chest pressure. Best thing to do is to take slow deep breath. I've been searching for techniques I learned a few but I still have some bad days. Feels like you just want to collapse. I would search YouTube Check out some techniques there. I heard orange juice honey and nutmeg helps I tried it a few times it does help

• Posted

I'm sorry for what's going on in your life. I've my share of anxiety as well. What's been working for me is breathing exercises, whenever I get a chance to do it for a few minutes. I also talk to myself and remind me of all the wonderful things in my life. I also remind myself that all the rest have come fine and there is no tumor, in my case I thought that I had a bus inside my head!!!

Last but not l drink a passion flower and linden got tea before going to bed. I know that what might work for some does not work for all. I just hope it will help you a little. Hope you fell better soon.

• Posted

I would suggest you see your doctor. I had all the feelings (symptoms) you are having I have been through the emergency room and urgent care often. I know it is very frustrating and scary. would also seek counseling. I had problems with panic/attacks for year, but never on going for this long I been dealing with really bad panic/anxiety attacks for about 2 1/2 months and I am now on 25mg of Zoloft for about

about two days now so I can't tell you right now how well it's working because I am still having panic attacks upon wakeing (horrible feeling). I am writing this to let you know, you are not alone.

Good luck!

• Posted

Oh, I have all these symptoms too.really worried its my heart. so im getting a test done next week..I feel like i am going to fall..anxious all the time..I have got so down about it all..I feel life is not worth living...I  feel so unhappy...i have no will left to fight this anymore...there is no help. my hubby says theres nothing wrong with me..i am expected to carry on with life..and i havan't got the energy..if someone would just wrap their arms around me and give me a hug...mayby it would help..xxxx

• Posted

This is something that helps me when I catch myself starting to panic: inhale for four seconds, hold for four seconds; exhale for four seconds, hold for four seconds. Repeat until you calm down. I know it's hard to do when you feel tingly and can't breathe, but it truly does help. Just focus on the counting to four. As for getting rid of anxiety entirely, I have no idea.

• Posted

I have been having PA for last week each day. I tried breathing but then did research and a GP on utube suggested that with PA the best way forward is to just let the feelings come. If we try fight them the adrenaline will get worse as our body feeds on the fear. He also said that breathing isn't the best way as this also tells your body that you are panicking. Self talking is a good thing. Telling yourself you are fine. I've tried it and it does work. It's vile when it comes but it does go. The thing I'm not sure on is how to or how long it takes to rid yourself of them completely...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.