I've had recurring pain in my right middle back for 2 years, any ideas as to what it is?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I'm a 25 year old male, 6ft 4" and weigh just over 14 stone, so im healthy in that regard. I've had no illnesses of note in the past, however, around 2 years ago (just after getting married) I started getting a dull pain in my ride side/back just around where my rib cage ends. it can sometimes radiate higher or lower and used to move down with bowel movements, it does not anymore.

I have had multiple stool sample tests and urine tests which have all come back clear. the pain comes and goes, it will go for a few weeks and come back, the pain lasts for periods varying between a few days and a few weeks.

The pain started as a dull pain but sometimes it feels shaper, more sore than usual.

It isn't in my front only in my back, I've been told it may be IBS as my tests have come back clear, however the doctors said IBS is primarily felt in the abdomen(front), this feels like its one specific area, in my back right flank.

I have been prescribed mobeverine which changes the pain from a dull pain to a sore pain. I'm not sure if this helps identify anything but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I notice it less when working, when I'm laying down it's particularly painful, I do not have diarrhea or unusual stool.

I don't want to underplay this, the pain is very uncomfortable and does affect my day to day life and although it comes and goes it feels endless.

More recent symptoms include nausea and what i presume is acid but i dont know how related those are to this case as they have only started on the past few months, i feel sick when waking up, especially after drinking tea. I have also noticed noodles cause "flare ups".

We do have a family history of anxiety but can it have such strong physical effect with little to none mental effects?

I don't want to ignore it, I need to get some sort of solution as to what it is and how to stop it, any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.