I've had rhinitis for years

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm getting to the end of my tether as nothing works for me and today I'm suffering really bad I've been sneezing constantly since 8 am this morning and I'm typing this with my left eye almost closed I feel so depressed as it now controls my life .

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

ok, so what is your question? I suppose you want to get a fix for your rhinitis.

Is it seasonal? 

have you tried antihistamines? nasal irrigation? 

different diet? 

have you been tested for allergies?

have you seen an ENT?

• Posted

If you had this for years, you really should see a professional

It sounds like you are allergic to something.

If you have the possiility, you could go away for a while and see if a different environment makes any difference.

For me it helped a lot, not a 100% though

• Posted

Hi Angela know how you feel I'm getting fed up of feeling this way it's so depressing.My doctor has told me that I've got allergic rhinitis caused by hayfever never had it for years come back this year with a vengeance. I don't sneeze I'm always blocked my teeth feel on edge and top of my brow and head feel full of pressure I have taken all inds of nasal sprays antihistamine none of which seem to work been on Nasonex 2weeks which I thought was working but nope it's still here my doc says it won't clear up till end of September lets hope  he's right.I cannot wait for these feelings of lightheadedness and balance to go. Do you relate to these symptoms too
    • Posted

Hi ,yes I can fully relate to those symptoms but I get the constant sneezing too ,I didn't really ask a question because I think I just wanted to talk to someone who is suffering as I do knowing your not alone helps I think I hope you improve at the end of September as your doctor has said ,I have it all year round 
    • Posted

hi dear, i am from India, i have same symtoms as of urs and i get relief in ear pressure or anxiety due to all these symtoms only when i sleep or steam inhalation. change of climate helps me a lot, when i go to Air Conditioned room, after spending one-two hours in AC room , i start feeling awesome, heaviness reduces and so the giddiness or nausea sort of symptoms also go away. but , it gives relief only for 2-3 hours. have tried single nezaflo medicine for 3 months or so., Avamys nasalsparay also. but, no permament relief.but, as nobody can stay in AC room forever , so i am planning for a change of place. At present i am staying in a coastal area, which is aggravating my symtoms. . I have tried all sorts of medicines  you can imagine. and one more thing, no doctor cares i feel about this frustating, depressing disease. they think only asthama is a big problem also, none of my office colleagues understand my problem, always fatigue, constant pain in heaad, heaviness in ears, fullness etc. Sympathy for you. i suffered for 3 years.
    • Posted

Hi thanks bhadra for your reply I bet it's nice living in a warm country were getting ready for the winter chill knowing my look I will end up with cold symptoms or flu. I have been to a consultant who informs me I have a deviated septrum so I will need a operation I know what you mean with all of the symptoms such as fatigue heavy headed and dizziness the ear and nose can cause yuk it's horrible and It does give you anxiety issues because you just want to be better my roof of mouth has now got a cold sore because I'm always breathing through my mouth which I find annoying and talking through my nose I will try some of your suggestions for nasal sprays at the moment I'm using Nasonex not much use thank you hope your better soon
    • Posted

i also have deviated nazal septum and my two cousins also had deviated septum , but, it grows to same shape after operation. operation doesnot solve the problem. just sharing the info..Try for naturopathy i.e. after taking steam inhalation for 15 minutes, wait for some time, then do Jal-Neti., do it two times , you will definitely find relief, though it's not a permanent relief..and for permament relief, one of my friend who also has same symtoms, told to go for Homeopathy..They say even the polyps also go away with Homoeopathy.I think ,Polyps mostly you will have, if you have deviated septum.

• Posted

There is one more thing you could try, you can buy nasal air filters. There are many different types, you can google it up: search for nasal filters

It doesn't work for everyone, but it's a cheap enough option to try.

• Posted

I know how your feeling. Ive been have issues on and off the last 2 years. Ive always delt with the stuffy nose and getting colds for a long time which now i realize it was not a cold but allergies and sinus issues since it would last months when i was younger and remember the dr's saying something about me having rhinitis , but the last two years have been on and off pressure with my nose and eyes and ears one of my ears pops like fluid is there and this time of year i get gunky eyes, sore throat and a cough for a few days. The balance and off feeling is horrible and makes my anxiety crazy and makes me feel more off. Ive seen a dr that said i have severe allergies and told me nasal sprays and zyrtec or claritin everyday. My nose opened up for the first time in awhile and that caused me to panic because im not used to it. Hate this off balance feeling the most. I guess im a year rounder too, but worse this time of year. Its great to know were not alone.
    • Posted

Hi just wanted to say it's nice to know someone else is suffering like me. Somedays the doctors make me feel like I'm crazy. This year was the worse. I struggled bad with fluid in my ears, the pressure was so bad, I was dizzy, off balance. I was told I have vasomotor rhinitis
  • Posted

Hello Angela I have rhinitis for the past 21 years I've been to 4 ENT & allergies Dr in different location NJ VA PA and France and nothing no cure seem available yet. I'm trying another Dr tomorrow. The first ENT I saw told me I am allergic to the environment i believe it's true just because I feel so much better went it is sunny and hot. It's a misery the sneezing feeling so tired and I don't use tissues anymore It's not enough I use old underwear tee shirts I blow my nose constantly even in the middle the night. it's been so long I can't imagine without it it's crazy but I'm still hoping to find a cure.

You are not alone!

• Posted

Hi mariaidrissi,since my last post I have found something that works for me it's a nasal spray called budesonide I was told by my doctor to use it morning and night but it worked so well I only need to use it at night I no longer sneeze continually and I can breath it's fantastic and I would advise everyone to give it a try ..good luck x
  • Posted

Angela I had facial pressure and changing to a non dairy diet cut down my mucus build up took away the pressure in my sinus. Worth a try also beware many foods you don't think will have milk read food labels

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.