I've had severe breast/chest pain for 2 year's

Posted , 1 user is following.

I e been on Prevastatin for around 2 years now for high cholesterol which is really well brought it down to normal, but around about that time I also came down with severe breast pain mainly in my left whi h only eases on my side NO pain killers touch and no vitamins whi h my gp was at a loss as to what this is (their useless) they asked another gp as I was on the phone constant saying I can't take nomore of this pain! This other gp said oh mastalgia (it's not) I've been tested for the menopause and I'm not menopausal, I've had ct scan last Feb it was fine, bloods fine, mammogram fine. I was advised evening primrose and vitamin b and tried vitamin e. I was warned by a friend do not take statins as they do more harm than good. Majority of patients avoid them at all costs so today I thought ah I'd look up the side effects I'm on 20mg once a day. Well I've stopped taking and I've got a gp ringing next week so I'll let them no. As it says side effects breast/chest pain so I'm wondering what I thought was breast pain.ould in fact be chest pain, had e g's there fine. Pain is of the scale unbelievable unbareable. Just hoping as I've stopped them today to see if it is them because they cause muscle wastage! Has anyone else had the same issue please? Thankyou just reaching out

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.