I’ve had the Antabuse implant and can still drink why?

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive had the implant in for 10 week now and not had a drink, i decided to try half a can of beer with the lads, then 2,3 so on. i had no side effects and felt good. i wasnt angry. ive now done the same again to night with no effect. have i been robbed of the 2k i paid or does it just not effect me??

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Welcome Darren. I never took any medication and cannot give you advice on this. Others on this forum are more knowledgeable and experienced and will hopefully reply very soon. I do know that Antabuse does not cure alcoholism in itself but it does stop you from drinking. I found something interesting on rehab 4 alchoholism. Best of luck. Robin

• Edited

Probably worth doing some research into the clinic that implanted it for you. It sounds to me that either it isn't antabuse they used OR it doesn't work to may alcohol unpleasant for you in which case it needs removing because, well, it just isn't doing what it is designed to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.