I’ve had the shingles nerve itch/pain for over a year

Posted , 8 users are following.

I got shingles July , 2017 on my scalp and down to my eye lid. I’m still suffering with horrible itching, and I’m still taking gabapentin and nortryptalline. I have not gotten any relief. Is anyone else going through this?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I take an amitriptline 25mg pill at night and use Muro 128 5% eye drops 2X a day left eye.
  • Posted

Hi Angela,

You recently replied to my thread and I so appreciate it. I'm so sorry for what you are going through! My experience is recent, but my mother has had shingles for over 3 years now - heals up for a time, then recurs. She uses gold bond anti itch lotion and it seems to give her some relief. It seems like everyone that I've talked to regarding their own shingles agree - Stress is a major factor. I can tell you that prior to my break out I was under a lot of stress! My shingles appeared 5 weeks ago and seem to be healing fine. I am still having some fatigue but I have noticed an improvement.  I have a wonderful husband who makes me a healthy smoothie every morning - spinach blueberries protein powder and almond milk. He also doles out my vitamins every day - Vitamin C (1000 Mg), A calcium, magnesium, and D3 supplement, a multi vitamin, and probiotics.  Not to sound like a commercial but I buy my vitamins from Vitacost (online). It is a really good company and best of all the supplements are actually affordable. I would say that the best way to fight any infection is to build up your immune system and try to bring some calm to your life. Believe me I know that as a woman its not easy to just take some time to relax, but since I've had this issue, it is something I try to do each and every day. I've also read that raw honey is good to apply to the rash. The key word is "raw" honey - not something you can buy in a grocery store. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.