I’ve had the thought of having MS for 1 year!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since last November I have been having so many weird symptoms and I’ve not felt the same since. 

It started when I woke up one morning with numbness on left side of face and little finger on left hand and I was really  dizzy, when I drunk I have a weird taste in mouth. The next day I had a migraine and was being sick! The numbness went the next day. Although I seem to always wake up with a numb pinky nearly every night since.  Anyway I then googled my symptoms and MS came up. Well from that day I have experienced pretty much every MS symptom, here’s what I’ve experienced. 

I then felt achy and kept feeling like I was burning then cold. My legs felt like a cool burning sensation, I couldn’t eat and just felt sick. Which led to me losing a stone in weight in just a week. I then started getting a cold feeling in my left ankle. 

The sickness past, but from then I have had an on going feeling of not feeling 100%. Like something changed in me.

Then all I can describe is Dp/Dr started to happen, I didn’t feel like I was part of anything, nothing felt natural, my family and Home felt like it was mine and I was totally detached. When I walk, move my arms, it’s like my mind questions it become I feel like my mind and movements are separated. My 

right leg then felt like it's wobbling when I walked, but I didn’t notice it all the time. I then started getting pricking in right foot and right hand when stretching them. I then developed flashes in my eyes like looked into a light and looked away. I then had a feeling that I had burnt my tongue. Then the twitching started, I was getting it everywhere all over body I still get it now it seems to come and go. 

I just feel like I'm losing my mind. I can't think clearly. When speak words don't seem right and tongue feels weird. My legs go though stages where at a week at a time my legs feel like buzzing. I also seem to get a burning feeling weeks at a time that come every now and again. Plus a prickly feeling all over my body for days at a time that passes and then recurs again. I don’t experience any form of numbness, I just get a whole feeling of just feeling numb! Like every touch I feel on my skin doesn’t feel right, almost like I’ve forgotten how anything  suppose to feel.  I went to a Dr in January and they said it was Anxiety. But 10 months later I’m still here having these feelings.. I just feel like I’m driving my self mad with worry.. is this Ms... or is this Anxiety! I know I should probably go back to a Dr but I seem to just avoid it, because I’m worried for the outcome!

Doctor ran a blood test, everything ok! 

No Mri

Just wondering if anyone thinks this sounds like it could be Ms?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Same thing has been happening to me. And doctor said I have panic disorder. And chronic fatigue syndrome. I call bs. The extent to what we have been experiencing is definitely not due to just anxiety
  • Posted

Similar here, ever since I had a massive electric shock going through me from head to toe and a bright white light in my head then extreme pain in my right breast,  I've had random numbness and tingling in arm and fingers. Blood tests were clear, so have been referred to neurologist in February. This has all been going on over the course of a year. My concerns is that a number of people who live in close proximity to us all had MS...  The gp thankfully did not patronise me by saying anything about anxiety. 

• Posted

Hi my name is Meghan and I’ve been scared that I have MS and have been wondering that for couple months now. I am 15 years old and I have almost every sign except bladder issues. I’ve been getting symptoms since  September 2017. The first thing that jumped out to me was when I would get leg pains and aches and tingling. My big toes went numb at the tips and I would get random bruising. Another one is when I was sitting in art class and thought I had a stroke because I went blind in one eye and couldn’t move half my body.  I keep getting sick all the time I get headaches and I constantly feel tired and I’m not getting enough sleep but I am. My symptoms have been coming and going. No one in my family believes me and it’s hard for 15 -year-old to make their own doctors appointment so I feel kind of screwed ..... someone help 

( sorry for replying to your answer I don’t really know how to put my own thing up yet so this is the best I’ve gotten)

• Posted

It’s like I can be totally rational for a few days that bang it all comes back and I just can’t get the thought of MS out of my mind! It’s a viscous circle! I wondered if there was anyone who has MS or knows about MS, think my symptoms sound like something sinester is going on. Because I feel like this is never ending! sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.