I've had these episodes for 7 or 8 years, what is it and why is it happening?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am a 20 year old female, I have what I call spells for at least 6 years. They dont happen all the time, when they first started, I had one every 6 months or so. During my junior year of high school they became more frequent happening every few days. They had gotten better but are now getting worse again. The symptoms are hard to describe, when i first started having them i described them as i know where i am but i dont feel like i know where i am. My explaination of my symptoms now are; vision gets blurry, the room feels like it gets brighter, feeling like gonna pass out, feels like im moving in a slower motion, my voice sounds different to me when I talk, feel shaky, i get tense, my hands, lips, tounge feel like they aren't mine/arent ther/connected, i cant keep up with people who are talking. Ive been to multiple doctors in the past with no luck on discovering what or why i have them. Does anyone have suggestions for what this could be?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry you have been suffering for so long.

I wanted to ask do you get pins and needles or tingling in arms and legs and face or weakness?  Did you have an MRI scan?

These symptoms are similar to mine but I also get the the weakness and pins and needles etc and its been termed Hemiplegic Migaraine.

But you do need that MRI scan to check all is well.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Take care and best wishes

• Posted

Hello there!! All the symptoms you described sound to me like panic attack state. Do they follow any stressful events? MRI would be the best plave to start from to ensure there is no umderlying condition. But if there isn't I am wondering if stress/emotions could be an issue..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.