I've had this infection for quite a long time. about 3 years now. What should I do.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 16 years old. I don't even know what type of infection it's is. It doesn't have any symptoms. I only get fevers and fall sick sometimes and when there are tests. My wbc is a little increased because of the infection. Last time I took anti biotics I had to completely change all my under wears because they said old underwear could bring it back. It came back anyway. Cause I started feeling the same kind of fever and headache I felt before. I've treated it up to 3 times with oral anti biotics. What could be bringing it back. Please help me. I don't even know how normal discharge is supposed to look like. And I definitely want to have kids without complications.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I  have a some questions for you, in hopes that it will help us identify a trend in the infections. 

1. Are you sexually active? If so, do you always use protection? 

2. Do you wear pads or tampons longer than you should? Also, are you pads & tampons organic?

3. Do you use scented soaps in that area? What are you using to clean down there? Loofah, washcloth, hands etc? 

4. What types of laundry detergents, fabric softenter, dryer sheets are you using?

5. After using the restroom, are you wiping correctly (front to back)? Is the toilet paper scented?  

• Posted

Hey Stacey

I'm not sexually active. I've  never had sex before.I guess I wear my pads longer than i should. I don't know if its organic but i use always pad. I avoid using any soaps in that area. but i use a sponge and water to clean it. My detergent is ariel. It has a lot of scent.I didn't think wiping was important until i knew about fungal infections. I just started wiping last week .My toilet paper is not scented. and i wipe the proper way..Thank you so much for your help. I had a serious diarrhoea about a month ago and the doctor said it was because of the infection.

• Posted

I'd suggest that you stop using always pads because they are said to have chemicals in them & try using organic pads. I currently use 7th Generation Free & Clear pads that I get at target or Whole Foods. Also switch to their detergent as well- scented detergents can cause irritation to your vagina as well & can throw off your pH. Make sure you wear cotton panties & steer clear of thongs/gstrings!!!!If you don't want to buy new underwear after every infection then, make sure you iron them after washing & drying them. The iron will kill if any remaining germs. I know that cotton panties can be ironed, I'm not sure about any other material. Also, stop using a sponge down there, those things harbor so many germs. Use your hands & look into changing your shower head to one that's removable  (they're usually about $30 at bed bath & beyond, target, Walmart) this will allow you to spray water in that area & each fold of your vagina. If you absolutely have to use something to wash down there then use a NEW washcloth every single time as to not reintroduce any new bacteria. I'd suggest white wash cloths because they can be bleached. Also try to air dry after a shower since towels can also harbor germs with repeated use. 

• Posted

Does using the same underwear after treatment have anything to do with this? I'm worried because I'm just 16 why would i be troubled by something like this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.