I've had this open sore for a couple days, what is it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a bump at first then it turned into an open sore. It has been a yellowish discharge from the sore. Can someone help me?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have the same issue, but no discharge coming from it. I have researched a possibility on what this may be, it's called an aphthous ulcer. What I have is one single ulcer, it doesn't really bother me at all unless I touch it. I have no problem going to the bathroom, and I don't have any foul smelling discharge or anything. The last time I shaved was maybe 6-7 days ago give or take. I have been super stressed lately. I haven't been tested, but regardless of what it may be the best thing to do would be to get tested. Of course herpes is always a possibility as well. I have gone to the doctors yet, but when I do I hope it's not that. Today my sore isn't really much of a bump anymore, and seems to be healing. I haven't felt ill or have had fever and chills which is sometimes accompanied with herpes. A few years ago I broke out with a bump down there, similar to what I think I have now. Sensitive to touch, stings when touched. Doesn't look like a blister. I went to the doctors a few years back and they swabbed the sore. Results came back, turns out I had a bacterial infection that wasn't sexually transmitted. I got antibiotics and poof gone! I'm hoping this is what is going on with me again. I will go get it as well as myself tested and you should do the same.

• Posted

Also, on another note my left groin feels like I have a swollen gland. Not sure what that's about but I'm sure it has to deal with the ulcer or "bump" down there. If anyone can give any info on what I may have, it would be much appreciated.

• Posted

I had the exact same thing. Doctor suspected lymphogranuloma venerum. She perscribed me antibiotics for it but they were pricey and I didn't think that's what it was so I never even filled it. Results came back and the only thing I had was a yeast infection. Swelling in my groin went down and ulcer was healing well before I ever even got the results. Treated myself for the yeast infection with otc cream and I'm perfectly fine now. I don't want to say not to worry at all but don't worry yourself too much.

• Posted

I now noticed little blisters around the bump or ulcer a day or so ago. Do you now think this is herpes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.