I've had this pain for about two months and I'm going out of my mind

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys

My name is Rawad I'm 25 years old and I almost quit smoking when this happened (now I smoke a max of 2 cigg's a day).

I'll tell you my story first and please excuse my english...

about 2 months ago I had to carry our 2 empty Gas cylinders to fill them and they're quite heavy, the weather was hot and i got sweaty when i got back into the house the AC was on I stayed there for about 5-10 minutes then I felt a strange feeling in my chest so i got out quickly then I started feeling a pain in my chest which caused me to have a panic attack I went to the ER the made a ECG or EKG (don't know the exact name) and the results were normal went home with the pain still there , the pain is a heartburn in the left of center of my chest and a kind of a stabbing pain as shown in the first picture

I got blood tests ,two other ECG's and an X-ray and all came out normal

I was given Anti-acid (Gasec 40) and Vitamins

now the the hurtburn has decreased to almost gone but I still got what I don't know but to call it a seizure where I get a stinging pain along the left center of my chest and sometimes along the line below the nipple and in the left down side of my chest,sometimes even in the my back... (I never fet sweaty or fevery or cough).

the seizure might be gone but the dullness and the discomfort in my chest is never gone for the past two months when I take a full breath I feel a discomfort and the IMPORTANT thing is (when I bend forward and take breath I feel the pain in the down left center of my chest and parallel to that in my back).

the doctors say that I'm ok ,but I dont feel ok plus in my country (Libya) doctors aren't very good

I need help as this have done harm to my psycological state ,I don't go out as I used to do and I'm scared it's something like aneurysm and I might drop dead any day.

please help guys

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, pls don't panic, it might be costochondritis, that is annoying, painful but harmless. It can come out of the blue but can be the result of some physical stress. It's an inflammation in the cartilage of your rib cage. You can get a lot of information both here and by searching on the Internet. The same condition, but with swellings, is called Tietzes syndrome. 
    • Posted

ok, but can you get both of costochondritis and GERD at the same time? cause I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with my Esophagus , It burns and stings most of the day

and my second question is : are both of costochondritis and GERD treatable or not?

Thanks for your reply, that's very kind of you.

• Posted

Hi, you can get several conditions at the same time. Both GERD and Costo are treatable, but Costo can be a bit stubborn. If you take tablets for you Costo pain, it may irritate your stomach/esophagus. That has happened to me. It is a bit tricky. You probably need to check with a doctor or a pharmacist about suitable medication.
  • Posted

ok, but can you get both of costochondritis and GERD at the same time? cause I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with my Esophagus , It burns and stings most of the day

and my second question is : are both of costochondritis and GERD treatable or not?

Thanks for your reply, that's very kind of you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.