I've had this throat problem for over 1 year

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyonebiggrin my name is Lancie, I'm a female and 59 years old.

I begun to have problems with my throat over a year ago. I did not say anything to my doctor until 6 months ago, because I keep clearing my throat and it is always horse, but the last 6 months it has gotten worse, I hate to eat anything or even take my medication, it seems to hang in my throat.

So after eating, or taking meds, I keep clearing my throat and try to bring "something" up. Talking makes it worse. Finally I talked to my doctor and he looked at my throat and told me he saw a lot of sinus drip, I got Clariton, it didn't do anything, than Allegra, no results. After googling my problem I saw that many people seemed to have the same problem, and Gerd, Hiatal Hernia came up. I have had these problems in the past so I bought Pepcid AC, I take it twice a day, but nothing, it is getting worse. Yesterday I tried to clear my throat again after eating and suddenly

some "digested" food came up, it looked like "slime". After that my throat was burning and I just about lost my voice. I gave up cold water, drinking luke warm water now, it seems better. I do not drink Sodas of any kind, no Alcohol etc. I am down to 1 cup of coffee, because of the acid, eat less, because it bothers me and have lost about 15 pounds this last year. I am not over-weight, if anything need to stop loosing weight.

I am thinking of trying "The Purple Pill", but will make an appointment this Monday with my doctor. I have been reading everything from all of you, some of the terms I don't understand, but likely as I get more involved,  I will understand everything you share.

Thank you for having me, I'm so glad I found this group.

Have a wonderful rest of the day,

Lancie

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have a similar problem clearing my throat alot since 3 months tried everything nothing seems to work. Now it feels like I'm congested. Had a scope a week ago nothing wrong so it must be sinus related. Question what's the purple pill?

• Posted

Nexium referred to as ppi

If it's acid reflux might help not if it's bile acid

Try everything else before ppi - hard to get off it

You need to get endoscopy - or barium drink test etc 

See what your dealing with or your post nasal drip is the culprit?

• Posted

Hi, had Endoscopy done a week ago it's gastritis, ? Barrett esophagus on Pantoprazole 40 Mg. It's definitely sinus but the reason I got Endoscopy is i can't burp since 30 years constantly have gas.. The Dr asked why do you need to burp like DUH almost punched him. Was hoping to find the issue with endoscopy but nothing. Any thoughts to why?

• Posted

Same age, same issues..so sorry you are a member of this group..Hate anyone to be a member. Acid reflux is a nightmare. Heard if it before I started suffering, but had no idea what extreme symptoms were involved..now I know and pity anyone with it. So many ppl I know have it..scary..
  • Posted

Hi Lancie,

I have had Digestive issues for a long time.   But, recently it began to act up in July, 10 weeks now.  Currently, I have the same symptoms as you do with coughing, which is mild now, but still annoying.   I am under a doctors care and taking meds.    Need to take more tests.  

Very Uncomfortable Condition.

Maria

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.