I’ve had Threadworms(Pinworms) for two months, what do I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve had threadworms for two months and it’s been a nightmare, I wash my hands everyday but I end up with dry skin, I’ve tried the apple cider vinegar and it lasted for an hour, I used the baby powder which lasted for an hour. A shower lasted for a day. I have pinworms because I have found them but they meet show up in my stool. I really want to get rid of them but when I take the medicine I end up vomiting it all back up. How do I get rid of the threadworms, eggs, and itchy ness? It’s grown irritating and I’m glad I haven’t spread it too my family or friends.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there, 

I had a pretty long term infestation (at least 3 years!) what solved it for me was using Vaseline (any petroleum jelly, coconut oil would do) smeared religiously down below.  I would do this after showering, going to the loo, before bed and on waking up.  It traps the eggs and stops them hatching.  

Cheers.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.