I've Had Water Behind My Ear For 1 Month It's Driving Me Nuts Is There Any Way To Cope

Posted , 2 users are following.

I Can Hear Fine. It Doesn't Hurt But My Ears Pop Every Time I Swallow The Right Feels Stuffed But My Hearing Hasn't Been Effected except It Feels like I have to point my ear towards something to tell if I'm hearing Out Of it but I am it's just as loud as always The left just gets random anyyoing symptoms pls help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Alex,  How do you know it's water ?  Have you had a cold or do you suffer sinusitis problems, or even allergies ?  Water gets into the ears ,but not behind the ear drum.  If you've been swimming or got water into your ears from a shower, the water has mixed with wax and that would need syringing out.  If however, it's mucus that's completely different and can take absolutely ages to drain, particularly without medication.

There are steroid nasal sprays that help with blocked ears due to mucus being stuck in the Eustachian tubes, but still these can take a very long time to work, if at all.

Let us know what you think originally caused your ears to block, plus what country you live in as some countries can't get the medication that I can get in England.

So many people on this Forum suffer Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and it's one of the worse conditions to suffer and treat.  I've suffered for absolutely years, as many others have too.

Anne

• Posted

The doc Said I Had Water Behind My Eardrum That's All I Know He Gave Me Spray And Decongestant and said to wait It Out My Stuffed Ear Has Developed a itch As Of Today

• Posted

Also I Have A Minor Cold As Of Now I Swear It's Making My Ears 30x Worse I Hate It I'm Driving my parents And Myself Crazy. Thinking that I'll lose My Hearing

• Posted

Hello again Alex,

I'm not surprised you're distressed it's an awful condition.

I think when doctors use the words water or fluid, they

actually mean mucus and that's somehow got trapped

in your Eustachian tube.

Google your ear anatomy and you'll see what's happened.

Aso worth googling Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.

Mucus is thick and sticky and in children, they call this

complaint glue ear and usually grommets are fitted for

them to allow drainage.

Are you in the US ??

I personally use Flixonase Nasule Drops that are stronger

than the Flixonase Aqueous Nasal Spray.....sadly, you

can't get the Nasules if you live in the US.

I've had trouble with my left ear and now my right one has

started since April of this year.  However, I've suffered this

condition on and off, more on than off for many, may years.

If it's that bad where you can no longer stand it, ask your

doctor to prescribe a course of Prednisolone Steroid

tablets.  I always have to take a slightly longer course

and it's usually a 20 day reducing course, which worked

for me.  Then I went back on the Flix. spray and within

4 days my ears were blocked again.  So I started the Nasules

and everything has been fine ever since.  I'm now only

using them once a day, every other day, because I seem

as though I've got on top of the problem.  It's all the

inflammation that courses the tubes to swell, so that has

to be sorted.

I see my ENT consultant twice yearly regarding ETD.

You will feel deaf is your ears are clogged up.

Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.