I've had what seems like kidney pain to me...but is it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So...the only reason I'm concerned with back pain in the general area of the right kidney is because I've recently had a minor UTI. My question is, can you still develop a kidney infection almost a week after all UTI symptoms have ceased?? The pain is sharp, but intermittent (it comes and goes). Occasionally on the left side as well. No fever, nausea, etc. My entire right side of my back hurts, especially when moving or straining (feels like muscle strain), but the back pain directly under my rib is sharper, that area is a tad sensitive. Intermittent passion going on a week now. SHOULD I be concerned about kidney infection??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The only way to know is to go and have a urine sample dipped?? it may be the antibiotics u took didn't quite knock the infection off. If u still have kidney pain go and see a dr, it might be u have kidney stones or another issue.

• Posted

Okay, thank you! Also, I know it was dumb, but I took no antibiotics. The UTI seems to have cleared on it's own (at least in the lower urinary tract). Just unsure as to whether or not it can spread to the kidneys after leaving the lower tract? I will probably go see my doctor, but I've been for several other issues this month and am probably closing in on my insurance's limit...

• Posted

Well there is your answer!!!! go to a dr! why are u guessing with this? u don't even know u had a UTI!! Just plain stupid, and don't come on these sites .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.