I've had widespread issues for years, what is going on?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've never been a fan of heat. When I was younger sometimes heat would cause me to have a meltdown. In the past 3-4 months it has seemed to be even worse with increased fatigue and spikes in anxiety.

Mind you, my body thinks that 70 degrees F is hot beyond belief and when it gets to that heat everything else gets thrown off. I have chronic undiagnosed muscle pain that's widespread all over (we suspect fibromyalgia) and increasingly debilitating gastrointestinal issues, and a number of neurodivergencies (Autism Spectrum Disorder, potential PTSD, and Sensory Processing Disorder).

When I was just reaching double digits in age I started noticing fairly frequent instances in which I would suddenly become dizzy and like my head would feel like a rubber band was compressing it. The only thing that could help was sitting down. It usually happened whenever I would stand up (generally not suddenly-I'm pretty uncoordinated so I have to be careful). My parents chalked it up to hormones because my aunt used to have similar issues (she even passed out sometimes) and to dehydration. Well, I'm years older now and I drink at least 24 ounces of water a day (generally 48 ounces) and I eat plenty of protein, but the problem persists. The spells lean more towards lightheadedness and feeling like I'm going to pass out more than dizziness and only feel helped if I lie all the way down. The heat makes it worse.

Additionally, in the heat I cannot wear anything even slightly uncomfortable without being reduced to tears and it makes everything else ten times worse. Recently it has felt like my body is breaking down as my heat intolerance worsens, my body hurts more and more, and my GI issues are spiraling out of control.

Any ideas as to what is making this so bad?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The problem with having a constellation of symptoms is that you can never know if your problems are a single illness, multiple unrelated illnesses or multiple related illnesses. There are numerous ways to produce your symptoms with any number of illnesses. So you need some tests to reduce the number of possibilities.

Superficially this sounds like some sort of dysautonomia. Look it up on wikipedia. There are some possible causes listed there. Maybe look through those and see which are plausible and how you can test for them.

I would suggest you go to one of the online doctor sites eg doctorspring. These guys are much more approachable than the average physician. Plus they are cheaper.

By the way. What is the discomfort that you feel with your clothes? Is it pain, overheating or just an uncomfortable feeling?

• Posted

Generally with the clothes it is overheating or just unbearable discomfort. But I think that is amplified by my SPD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.