I’ve have vivid dreams where I know I’m dreaming what doesn’t it mean?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know that I’m dreaming so I had an anxiety attack because I felt like I was gonna stay in this dream state and I wasn’t going to wake up but I tried to calm down by saying it’s a dream I will wake up. Anyone else had this feeling? 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Mirtazapine can cause vivid dreams. I take 15 mg at night to help with sleep. I also remember the dreams when I wake up. Some people who take it have bad dreams, but they don't bother me. Are you taking any meds that might affect your sleep?

• Posted

no I am not... that’s why it freaks me out because I do dream but there are some dreams that are vivid and it scares me like yesterday I didn’t have it 
  • Posted

Hey there, yes! I'm an expert when it comes to handling my own dreams. It stems from when I had nightmares that were so scary that, as you described, I would know I'm dreaming and I would be trying mentally to wake myself up. I'm quite good at waking myself up now xxx Donna x

• Posted

Having vivid dreams is common so stop worrying.  Worry will only make it worse.  Unless you sleep walk or something then it is nothing serious.  x
  • Posted

I agree with hypercat that it's nothing to worry about. Some say that dreams are just the way our mind cleans house of all the crazy, random thoughts. If the dreams are preventing you from getting enough regenerative sleep, then you should probably see your doctor to help you get the kind of sleep you need. Good luck.

• Posted

I have been a worrier all my life. I had my breakdown just after I retired and have taken antidepressants for 3 years now. I don't worry as much as I used to, but I'm not really sure if that's because of the meds or not stressing about work anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.