I’ve injected b12 into my thigh think I might have hit a vein it bleed a lot and now is bruised will

Posted , 7 users are following.

Think I’ve injected into a vein in my thigh it bled a lot and is bruised will I be ok

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Maybe give your surgery a call? Im not brave enough to inject myself
    • Posted

NO thanks I’ll just us talk get a lecture, maybe if they weren’t so mean with our b12 I wouldn’t have to top up, can’t work with the headaches and exhaustion, it’ll be fine. 

• Posted

Sorry I don't inject,only need mine at the moment every 3 mo nths,I'm a newby, only diagnosed in Nov, surgery do mine,don't think I could inject myself. ring your surgery,I'm sure tho its bruising,but check with your doc OK good luck oh !! If you dont want to inject I have b,12 sublingual,tablets, dissolves under your tongue, 1000 MCG, I can't digest normal tablets,I'm not due for my next inj until end of march, so am topping up with tabs twice a week, they really help.

Patricia

• Posted

I’ve had it 15 years, it depends what you do, I work long days so I burn it out, tables don’t help it has to be injections I do have one at docs every 12 weeks but I need to top up sometimes, last time I did it I was fine but think I messed up this time, not ringing doc I feel fine can’t be arsed with the lecture.
  • Posted

Just finished my 6 loading doses and still have severe headaches that paracetamol dont touch. Any ideas?
    • Posted

Hi Elaine,

It is not uncommon for some symptoms to appear to get worse before they get better as the B12 you have had injected starts repairing the damage done to your nervous system and your brain starts getting multiple messages from part of the body it had "forgotten about" or lost contact with.

I sometimes liken it to a badly tuned radio on which you have turned the volume up high trying to catch the programme you want when all of a sudden the signal comes in loud and clear and the blast nearly deafens you.

A lot will depend on the severity and longevity of your B12 deficiency as to how long before there is no further improvement or recovery. Some symptoms will "disappear" quite quickly whereas others may take months or even years. There is no set timescale as we are all different.

If you can get to see a doctor please also ask him/her to check your Folate level as this and B12 help your iron to make red blood cells and to function properly.

Do you know the cause of your deficiency?

I am not a medically trained person but I've had P.A. (a form of B12 deficiency) for more than 45 years.

I wish you well  

• Posted

Yes, this is not uncommon.  You will see blood from time to time. No worries, be sure to steralize the area and use a dott bandage. I have been injecting for 10 years, once a week under doctor supervision. The nurse instructed me how to manage it and I bled with her injections once in a while. 
  • Posted

I did that the other day on my arm. I decided to try the other one, it hurt even more, than blood gushing out and a big bruise afterwards. I now stick to the other arm and the hand I'm comfortable with!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.