I've just been prescribed Amlodipine for my BP

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm 67 and think I may have had high BP for a while.  After reading all these comments about side effects with the 'A' drug, I'm really worried.  Anyone out there had a good experience with this drug?

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been taking it for a few months and I have no problems that could be atributed to this medication - we all have aches pains and twinges and it is the easiest thing to merely ascribe the problems to the tablets we are taking. My blood pressure is lower and apart from feeling it kick in at 20 minutes or so when I get a slight buzz there are no problems.
    • Posted

I would say you are lucky Simon. Aches, pains and twinges are a little different to some of the side effects that some people have had and are suffering. At 66 I expect aches, pains and twinges. I don't expect my legs and ankles to swell double their size and throb. I hope you continue to have no problems with the drug A. My BP is text book and so are my legs and ankles now I have changed meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.