I've just found out yesterday that I have an Ovarian Cyst, what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I have just found out that I have ovarian cyst in my left side of abdomen.  The Doctor said that I need surgery to remove the complete left side ovary along it's left side tube. Then the doctor will send it to the lab to be tested,  if there's nothing else wrong with it.

I have only one son and he just craves for his siblings. I am too much worried about it. I don't know if I'll be able to get pregnant with just One Ovary?

Can anyone help me out?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Your other ovary totally takes over, it amazing! Your body knows that the other has gone so you will be completely fine with just one. It has been confirmed to me by multiple doctors throughout my surgery process and It does not decrease your chances of conception at all so try not to worry! smile 
  • Posted

I had my left ovary and tube removed due to an ovarian cyst 23 years ago just 5 weeks after having my first baby.  Within 2 months of the operation I was pregnant with my daughter (was quite a shock lol ) and 9 years later at the age of 37 I became pregnant with my 2nd daughter (another shock redface  ) so one ovary can work just as good as two.  cheesygrin
    • Posted

Thank you Janet, your story is really encouraging. I hope I'll conceive the way you did. Thanks again. smile
  • Posted

I've got my OP date,  It's 18th July morning.  I hope everything goes well. Please pray for me. Thanks. 
  • Posted

You will be fine xxxxx smile  I had a total hysterectomy 10 days ago and I'm feeling absolutely great, no pain or anything :-). You will probably only be in hospital a couple of nights xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.