I've just got diagnosed and after some answers

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've just got diagnosed with hidradentitis suppurativa today. I have it down below and I'm on three months of antibiotics. Will I see an improvement down there or will it just stay there forever?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey, antibiotics never worked for me and I had HS under my arm and breast. I had to have surgery to remove them. But everything body is different and reacts to medicine differently. I pray it works out for you. Best of luck!  God bless!!
  • Posted

My daughter took antibiotics but it didn't clear up completely. She had alergie test and vitam and minerals. After cutting out dairy and going on pro biotics she's almost in remmision .hope this helps

• Posted

My experience with various anti-biotics in helping to reduce the HS was marginal UNTIL I came across the anti-biotic Minocycline my son was taking for acne and I asked the Doc to try it out on me. . Ask you doc to give it a try if current regimen is not working. 50mg. twice a day works well for me. You can take up to 500 mg. a day if necessary. Never know, might work for you too!
  • Posted

Hi 

I've been taking anti biotics for 12 months and I think they help a little obviously depends on the type I take one a day 

I'm seeing someone in Dec for humira treatment hoping and praying something works mines in my Perineum not nice at all

good luck  

• Posted

There are no ez answers with HS.  FWIW, I would try the minocycline first. I think it would have less potential side-effects than humira. 
  • Posted

I'm sorry to hear your diagnosis sad HS is a terrible thing. I was diagnosed 3 years ago. My dermatologist at the time offered me 3 months worth of antibiotics, but said that after the course my HS may come back with a vengance.

I never took them. Instead, I tried looking for natural 'cures.' From drawing salve, bleach baths, hibaclense, drinking vinegar, drinking baking soda, topical antibotics, nothing worked until I started taking tumeric orally. I certainly notice that I have flares a couple days after eating peppers of any kind.

You'll hear a lot on this forum that cutting out nightshades helps, also, people talk about cutting dairy, gluten and yeast.

The most helpful thing that I've read is that HS is an autoimmune disorder and there is no cure per say. However, it is an allergic reaction to something causing your immune system to attack.

I hope you find something that works for you! If you decide to try tumeric, please make sure you get a supplement with added black pepper. The pepper aids in the absorbtion ( I have bought cheap brands without it & it did nothing for me).

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.