I've just received a letter from atos regarding pip assessment

Posted , 3 users are following.

They are saying that they are checking with the care professionals I put on my form and I might be required to do a assessment with one of their assessors before they can send my claim back to the dwp is this the norm because I'm going from dla to pip can anybody help with this please just for a bit of peace of mind thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon yes the DWP do contact any health professional named on your PIP form. It generally means they need some formal evidence such as a fact based report on your condition or a care plan if you have one.

Assessments are also a norm but more and more people are now getting paper based decisions so keep your fingers crossed.

• Posted

Thanks for your quick response and fingers crossed I only applied 3 weeks ago so they are working threw it quicker than the dla
  • Posted

Atos are a complete shower of $€£¥ they have to be seen to be doing something

But as they have been found to be paid lackies (not impartial as they where supposed to be) who are beyond contempt.

this has forced the DWP to rethink and start to offer more paoer only decisions

Hopefully your evidence provided by REAL care proffessions will get you a proper result

• Posted

Good evening and thank you ever so much for giving me some useful information fingers crossed I'll definitely update when I hear anything

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.