I've lost more than 20kg of bodyweight while using carbimazole and propranolol, what should i do

Posted , 6 users are following.

i was diagonised of hyperthyroidism and using carbimazole 40mg and propranolol 40mg instead of gaining weight am losing weight this is my second month of using the drugs, who can tell me what to do.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I lost a stone in the first six weeks on Carbimazole, without making any changes to diet or exercise. It just fell off me. (For me, this was happy news, as I’d gained a lot of weight while overactive which I’d wrongly thought wasn’t possible!).

But – it didn’t last. It stopped coming off, and in fact I have gained some of it back now (six months later).

• Posted

For how many months should i use the drugs to see changes. it has been two months now anyone please tell me.

• Posted

Are you taking any other drugs at the moment?

• Posted

I am not on other drugs, maybe it is the coffee i am taking. i just stop taking coffee to check the difference.

• Posted

Your daily dose of Carbimazole is rather high and is mostly prescribed if you were severely hyperthyroid or if you are on a block and replace regime. In any case, your doctor is surely monitoring your thyroid hormone levels and should advise you what to do next.

• Posted

Tell me your secret! lol I put on a metric tonne and if I go hyper a 3rd time, I'm not sure I'll take it again

• Posted

I just stop taking coffee, may be it is the cause I used to take coffee everyday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.