I've no one and I'm all alone.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I discovered I have depression about an year back and I'm being treated. Turns out that I've had depression all my life. Not a great surprise when my parents ate abusive. I didn't realize that they are abusive until recently. I've no one of can actually talk with. Finding someone to talk with is really difficult since I end up feeling like a pathetic loser once I share my situation with anyone. I've to love with my parents at least for another year. I fell sick (fever, dizziness) and my parents say that I'm acting to get attention. I'm lying on my bed now listening to them talking about how much of a fake I'm and how I'm good for nothing. And I told myself that I'm gonna study well, ace my exams.... Get a job far far away from them.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for all the typos
  • Posted

I know what you are saying to be true. I have depression. I didn't know it until I was about 30.I am aware that a person can be born with depression. I am also alone with nobody else to really talk to. I deal with it by myself mostly. A lot of the time I don't want to get out of bed. So I do understand what you are saying. If you like to west can talk.

• Posted

Yes. The need... The desire to get better but feeling lost and lonely without any plausible way to get better is how I spend most of my days. But I'm done getting worked up over toxic people around me. And yeah on days that I feel like complaining... I write or draw or post a rant on the forums. Your demons are never stronger than you are.

• Posted

Become your own parent. Become your own best friend. Become your own brother or sister. Start loving yourself and mentally block your parents or anyone else who is causing you more pain instead of helping. Work hard, every single day, every single hour, every single minute and second, to get your own life in order. Study hard, find a job, find a second job. Find something in your life that you want, not what they want. It doesn't matter what they say, it doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe. Just do it. Don't even think about it in terms of overthinking everything. Just come up with a plan and stick with it. Many days are going to be impossible and you won't be perfect 100% of the time, but try as hard as you can. When I feel like everything is hopeless, I get out of the house and go for a run until I can't breath. Watch "Motivational" videos on YouTube. They really help you get inspired.  

• Posted

Thank you. When I wrote that I was in same mindset. Still am....Hell to everyone else, I'm going to take care of myself. I just wish I don't get suckered into hoping that evening will be fine... And wishing for ppl to lean on. You're right. Have to work every second on getting to my happy place. And getting out of this one.

• Posted

Very true we need to be around people who are understanding. I know that we can't do it on our own.self help will work for a while. I have been to about a dozen doctors and got the same results. I wish I could start a new program that would benefit us.Doctors want to keep us on medication so they can make money. There are not enough programs out there to help people who have depression. The government wants to push it under the rug and denie money for the programs needed. In some cases they refuse to see that there is a real problem.

• Posted

Hey there, I couldn't help but feeling sad reading your post. I really feel for you. I'm sorry things are difficult for you at the moment. I think you do need a "sympathetic ear". You are not a pathetic poser. I think when you open up to people it makes you vulnerable. You feel like a "loser" because you are trying so hard to put on a strong front and somehow see telling others how you feel as a weakness. You need to understand, it's not! It's OK not to feel strong sometimes. You can't help how you feel. So sometimes you let your guard down- so what! Believe me when I say and I'm speaking from personal experience, that keeping things bottled up can cause more psychological damage. I'm sorry you are not getting the empathy you need from your parents. I could tell them calmly, "I can over - hear what you are saying and find it really upsetting and unhelpful. You need to surround yourself by people who are genuine and who do not dismiss or disbelief what you are experiencing and feeling. I'm here for you anytime sweetheart, Donna xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much. It's heartening to know that there are people who have been in the same place as me are now better. And that there are people ready to help... Lend an ear... Thank you

• Posted

Your welcome. I am glad to be apart of this conversation. I hope that I have been able to help you in some way. You can talk to me about anything at anytime.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.