I've noticed dementia signs with my 72 year old mother ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently I've noticed changes in my mum, she seems very negative irritable she isn't eating properly and her driving is getting worse sad I don't know how to say to her to go to the doctors ... She will not admit anything is wrong with her and goes mental if I mention it ... I need some help advice .... ? She has lost weight and seems distant and very off ... Some days she ok other days she's not ... It's her driving and conceptions that are really bad sad 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

She is getting older we all change our reactions as we age..encourage her dont talk at her..But keep an eye on her! Cant say the Doctor will do much!

Get some bloods taken check her haemaglobin levels, this will make her tired and irritable. Might be an idea to get her on Multivit tabs depends..I think people should stop driving at a certain age anyhow as thier reactions are slower.. Cant you take over the driving.. offer!

See her every day if that is possible, and take her out for tea and watch what she eats..elderly people lose their apetite as they get older.

• Posted

She has had blood tests done her blood sugar was slightly high but that's it . The doctor needs her to come forward and ask for a memory test I feel so bad to talk to her about it ... I'm not the best with words sad and I can not take over the driving as I am on a ban - yes I no not good thankyou though I do agree I see her every day she helps me alot smile but I have noticed alot of changes in her sad
  • Posted

Can't you do the memory test? Ask The Doc to give you the test questions.. Might be easier..

Good you are with her then..have you asked her how she feels without being too blatant about it! Nobody likes to think they are getting old!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.