I've recently contracted a sickness bug but now have no appetite and think I am dehydrated :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

On Tuesday (5 days ago) I woke up feeling incredibly ill, sick, dizzy, almost passed out 3 times. Found out first that I had diahorrea and then later started vomitting. I haven't vomitted since 3am Tuesday and since then I've been keeping bland foods down (such as crackers and potato and toast). I feel as if I've become very dehydrated - my eyes cannot water, my mouth is dry (Even though I am drinking a fair amount of water). I've been drinking a few dioralyte sachets which rehydrate you over the past few days but they dont seem to be helping? I've only had one a day since wednesday? Should I take more? And I keep having radom boughts of diahorrea - my stomach is going from more or less normal back to diahorra again! Is that normal? Please can someone give me some advice as I'm rather worried!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes drink plenty of those, you should alwYs get them when you have a tummy bug as they stop you dehydrating.
    • Posted

Yes I've been drinking them and now I finally feel rehydrated again, definitely a life saver when you're feeling dehydrated! 
  • Posted

​=12.0ptI am sorry for what you’re feeling. But I guess this is the season for winter vomiting bug. =12.0ptAlthough unpleasant enough, the good news is that the bug is short-lived and should be out of your system within two or three days. However, if the symptoms persist, for more than 3 to 4 days, then phone your GP. =12.0ptMild dehydration is OK but needs to be reversed by making sure you drink plenty of fluid that include juice, water, electrolyte solution etc. If you are having trouble keeping liquids down, try taking small sips at regular intervals. You may also want to try ginger tea or clear soda to help reduce nausea.=12.0ptLast but not least, stay at home, take a rest and avoid travelling. This bug can spread like a wildfire so best to avoid crowd places.
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice! I'm finally better although still feeling a little weak! The fluid advice really helped keep me hydrated! thanks againsmile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.