I've started 3 years ago with Zopiclone, then went on Xanax

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've started 3 years ago with Zopiclone, then went on Xanax

So, I have had this problem for years.

I had 2 complete detoxifications (complete withdrawal) during this time, and yet NOW there is the third time I take them, and again cannot stop. Benzos/ZDrugs are so miracle pill for my problem - anxiety.

Now I take 1mg (avg) of Xanax a day. The last detoxification was from a MONSTER doses of 12mg a day. HUGE tolerance developed. It took me 5 months to detox from it while I was completely incapacitated and in all kinds of pains you can imagine. I was not able to work during this time.

The worst is that NOW when I started them again - I mix them with alcohol. Xanax (alprazolam) again.

Logical question is: Why do I do it ?

I have two troubles: Personal life problems and muscle spasms altogether.

I do not take them by doctor prescription. I order Xanax illegally. (I am Self-medicating, and probably killing myself)

What do I seek here?

I want someone to talk about this problem intensively. To share everyday my struggles together and motivate each other to let go this poison.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been on zopiclone for about 5 years. I detoxed once, but had so much pain that I couldn't get to sleep for hours. I did sleep better off of them when I did get to sleep and was able to have naps. The nerve pain was intolerable, so I went back on them. I talked my dr to give me alprazolam instead. Haven't started them yet, but did take before he switched me to zopiclone. When on alprazolam previously, I know caused OCD symptoms. He only gave me a .25 mg a day. I don't think enough, but we will see. I am trying to quit drinking. I do know the alpraxolam/xanax killed Whitney Houston. 

You didn't say how old you are?

• Posted

Why would your doc give you Xanax ? Because of the sleeping problem or because of the drinking problem, or both, or something else ?

I think that Zopiclone is a little easier to detox from than Xanax. I've detoxed from both drugs during my experience with ZDrugs/Benzos. I was misusing Zopiclone too. It was originally prescribed to me by doc for short term treatment of insomnia, but after that I started misusing it without perscription and using it as a daytime sedative. I have serious trouble with muscles on my shoulders and neck getting stiff from tension. Zopiclone helped this like a miracle! That's why I started misusing it during the daytime. I had side-effects from Zopiclone like tingling in my hands. I went to a doc, he prescribed me Xanax as substitute to Zopi. With Xanax I havent had any unwanted side-effects like on Zopiclone. Only this beatific feel of calm and relaxation, including a relieve for my tensed muscles in the shoulders and neck.

It is a very bad and dangerouss road you are going on.

I'll tell you something about Xanax. Maximum allowed daily dosage is 2mg. I manage to detox from a misuse of 10-12mg a day!!! It took me 5 months to detox. Now when I started it again, I took 1mg a day max. I noticed something important. If you do not want tolerance/addiction to build, you need to put your self Xanax-free for some time before the next pill. At least 24 hours. You should NOT to take them more frequent than on 24 hrs basis.

I was taking them like candies in order build this huge tolerance/dependance 10-12mg a day. I was taking them like on each 2-4 hours basis. Very wrong. You need your brain to remain free of the drug for some time between the intakes. That significantly slows down the tolerance/dependence build.

• Posted

I was initially put on alprazolam for anxiety and insomnia. Then dr switched me to zopiclone. I think I have every side effect possible from zopiclone and I'm getting worse every day. That is why I asked him to switch me back to alprazolam. I'm hoping my body pain subsides. I do realize how careful I have to be. I did, on occasion abuse both, which ended up going through withdrawal as pharmacist would not renew. 

• Posted

I think you both need to read up about benzos and what they can do to you long term. One becomes tolerant at some point then what do you do go onto another benzo. There is a benzo forum on line. I suggest that you read what others have to say. Been off my benzo just over 5 years now and so glad that I no longer take them. Still having issues because of them after this time. 
  • Posted

This is the crap our bodies start to tolerate it but what we don’t realise is it is helping still we are just missing the calm feeling from those tables I’m on a lot of different medications from my on going troubles with most joints in my body I hate taking this s**t fentanyl Diazipam codiene quietinpne And venlafaxine !!! I can’t functoom most days 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.