I've suffer from generalized anxiety disorder but recently only been diagnosed with it

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just recently been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder but thought I had depression for the past 15 years. I have loads of different symptoms.

Restless all the time

Agigitated

Paliptated and my heart races

Feels like I'm gonna faint

Breathing problems panic attacks

Snappy

I get paranoid

I feel trapped and dissorratated

Blackout

Problems sleeping then I sleep for hours it's crazy

I go on normal then I go very low for days one minute I very ok next thing I flying off at someone for nothing it's not nice place to be....

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Friend.... I know what you're going through. Its a very dark and confusing place. Dealing with anxiety is very new to me but I was lucky enough to find this place and equally as lucky to find some people here that were willing to listen and sometimes all a person really needs is a good ear in their direction.

You dealing with anxiety ( even though you may not have known it at the time ) for 15 years must've been hell on earth for you. Its only been a few months for me but I can't imagine having to deal with it for that long. You must be allot stronger then you give yourself credit for.

Going to a doctor and seeking help was a great thing to start doing. Seeing a counselor or psychiatrist might also be a good step as well. I see a GP and a counselor and have made great strides since first being diagnosed. I know what helped me was finding ways to stay calm ( much easier said then done ) and I'm starting to take vitamin D3 and Fish Oil pills every day. I know that might seem abit odd but it works.

Sometimes people with anxiety also have major vitamin D3 deficiencies and when I started taking it over the last month I started feeling quite better. The fish oil pills are Omega 3 and that helps support liver and other functions. Since taking both of those regularly I've been feeling allot better ( with help from my GP and counselor ).

I know what I've said may not be much help to you but I hope in some way it may be. I wish you the best of luck friend. Its a long hard road we all have to travel down but please know you're not alone and many of us here are going through the same thing and are willing to at the very least listen to you if you desire to talk.

Keep posting if you need to....the best first step is the desire to seek help.

• Posted

Thankyou John really appreciate the time you took reading my post. I'm suffering with migraines most days due to stress aswell my medication has just been increased I'm back on duloxetine 120mg and Quetiapine 100mg but will be gradually getting increased to 300mg daily and topiramate100mg x2 daily sumatriptan 50mg PRN. I'm seeing a counselling service again for my initial assessment on Tuesday again. Just find it very hard at the moment because a lot of my family keep telling me to try not to think about it. Or not to lose my rag with people but when you get people telling you stuff that you dead against like. You need to find work and I know I'm not well enough to at the moment. Fair enough if I was well I wouldn't have just packed a job in for £220 a week to sign on for £75 a week would I when I could have have got nearly that in a bonus from tax credits. From a disability premium it's not about the money. It's about my health. But they think it's all about money. If I could afford to I be telling them to shove it but I can't afford too. I might pick some off them vitamins up and try them thanks again Paul

• Posted

Hang in there Paul it always gets worse before it gets better just try to keep your mind occupied and try not to let things get to you I had all them symptoms that you had I don't get them as much anymore my main symptom is feel like I can't breathe but it's not as strong as it was before it just takes time just get your mindset that it's anxiety and you're stronger than it is if you need to talk I'm here

• Posted

I just had to comment because I love what you told him .

It gives people hope

It honestly made me feel better just reading it.

Can I ask how did you do it ?

• Posted

I'm glad you feel better let me start by saying I read a lot of people's comments on here about get angry at your anxiety don't let it take over your life except that it's anxiety and won't hurt you and it will not heart doctor said palpitations anything to hurt you sending matter how bad things get even though you want to lose hope I still keep the hope and I decided I'm not going to let it take over my life so now even though I still get it the feeling like I can't breathe it's not as bad as it was before hey just got to keep at it I know I have a ways to go but I'm going to keep fighting see I was diagnosed with tachycardia and palpitations 9 years ago and now that my palpitations came back I think that's what makes me feel like I can't breathe but my heart doctor is sending me to another doctor that deals with the electrical part of the heart but in the meantime I just got tired of suffering so I'm not on my couch as much I'm not more doing more things

• Posted

How are you feeling today acting up a little bit worse than yesterday but not too bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.