I've suffered from allergies/intolerances all my adult life.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Allergies/intolerances make me feel absolutely exhausted, and 20 years ago when I went to the doctors thinking it might be ME it was suggested I needed a psychiatrist. Since then I have done my own research, starting with an allergy test. Now I have it under control, but my life still is decidedly odd!  For instance, I've discovered I can't eat the same food two days running, so I wait for it (say cheese) to go through my system, then I can eat it again.  Puffy bloodshot eyes I discovered were caused through the powder I washed my bed linen in, so I changed that routine.  I'm quite happy to share my experiences over the last twenty years to get me back to health if anyone is interested.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

What did the allergy test show? Are you allergic to dairy?

Thanks for sharing

• Posted

Hi, yes I am allergic to dairy, although as I say, I can eat it for one day, wait three and eat it again. I had several tests with the same person, and they showed different allergies at different times, and I suppose this would be because I had eaten a lot of a food over the last few days.  For instance I love fruit, and have eaten a lot of it over the years, but I have discovered I'm allergic to quite a few fruits, for instance apples!  I bought a machine which cleans your mattress of mites, and that has been helpful too. I'm very careful how I wash my clothes and bedlinen, and that has helped.
  • Posted

I know exactly how you feel, I too have suffered. With a wheat and lactose intolerance for the last 12 years. Since last October I have been unable to tolerate sucrose and was referred to see an Immunologist. I had that appointment today and I could tell he did'nt believe me and that I was talking through my hat. It took 10 months for me to be diagnosed with the wheat and lactose intolerance and at the end, I was very ill. I was passed from pillar to post. Keep a food diary for a couple of weeks and then go and see your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.