I've suffered with eczema for 30 years

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've suffered with eczema since I was 4, I'm now 37 and I can't understand why it's suddenly got out of control. I used to have it mainly on my arms and legs, and occasionally on my face icluding my eyes and upper lip. I now constantly have it it on my left eye and temple, and its starting to travel down to my cheek. It is very sore and puffy and at the moment I look like I have a black eye. I don't like to use the steriod creams because I know it thins the skin but I'm getting nowhere with my doctors and could really do with some advice pleaseĀ neutral

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have also had eczema since I was a child. All the doctors said that it was a skin problem and I was given many different creams which did not help very much.

When I was 25 years old I went to an accupuncturist and he explained that in fact it could be an allergy. As a result of that I went on an exclusion diet. I discovered that I have allergies to milk products, egg, fish and nuts - which are the most common allergens (generally speaking). It took months and months for all the toxins to leave my system but eventually they did and my skin became normal.

I have become very sceptical about the medical profession because they rely on the research of pharmaceutical companies (that sell all the creams) to determine how to treat people with eczema. Many people who have eczema don't need to suffer. They just need to exclude the allergens from their diet and after a period of months their skin will return to normal.

I am now 51. I have to be very careful what I eat but everything is 100^% better.

• Posted

I have all sorts of allergies too but have never been tested for food, that's something I'll look into thank you.
    • Posted

Thanks for posting this. I suspected the milk allergy with my boy. He is 16. But he stopped for three weeks and noticed no difference. Can you explain in more details what led you to suspect an issue with milk, and how you kept at it for months? Most people would have thought it must not be connected to milk. I need to somehow convince him to give it longer to get results. He just loves his milk. šŸ˜•
    • Posted

Hi Shay

Yes it is difficult because it takes such a long time for all of the toxins to leave the body - months actually.

A number of people had said to me that it could be a milk allergy and I just had a hunch so I kept at it as my skin had become really bad.

The accupuncturist advised me to go on a 'caveman diet' which is just lamb, rice and pears. I did it for a couple of months and it worked. I don't think you actually have to be that drastic but it is necessary to cut out the main allergens i.e. milk (all dairy products), fish, nuts, Ā etc.

You have to be really careful i.e. check the ingredients on EVERYTHING and be patient.

However, I NEVER use creams and I believe many people are decieved into thinking that they are the answer when in fact they are suffering from an allergy.

Ā 

• Posted

Hi, unexplained spread of inflammation and rashes with a history of steroid creams use could point to topical steroid addiction/ withdrawal. A sense of uncontrollable eczema results. There's plenty information and support online if you want more info. Good luck in finding the cause x
  • Posted

My teenage daughter suffered from serious eczema who has used foderma eczema cream on her face for the last three days as she had red itchy skin in some places. The redness has gone and she says the cream is amazing. I agree.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.