I've Surgery for chronic Anal fissure 10 days back

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been operated for chronic anal fissure 10 days back lateral anal sphincterectomy was done. i m pain free but still found some bloodin stool. What should i do? Can i go to work in this condition?

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

that is,the best decision you made to go for surgery.The bleeding will not last long,I went back to work in 2days,I just packed a clean dressing to my bum every 3hours or so.I also recovered with no pain,just,a bit of bleeding and seeping first few days
    • Posted

So glad ur outcome, no pun intended is positive

Im still struggling

• Posted

Wow. How  r u pain free already? That’s great! How blood is there? It shouldn't be alot.

• Posted

Thats not bad, ur still healing. When id your follow up appt?

Monday made 10 days for me n i dread “going” its a bad ordeal for me. Im trying to wean off the drugs but im still in pain.

what did u do to be oain free so soon? Please share n how is it going to fhe bathroom?

• Posted

Follow up visit is after two days. But I'm worried more about for work. as my job is little tiring n hard work will be there.

• Posted

Thats fantastic. I was told to walk daily 

As for work go back part time for a fee days n full duty after that

• Posted

U have to take it easy

Ask ur dr for longer time off or limited duty at work

This is one of the worse surgeries u could have

• Posted

Hi i am so happy for you it’s over. Keep going the bleeding will be there. Mine was for 6 months. I was pain free straight after LIS went work in 5 days time. Keep with your diet try to be medication free slowly. Specially stool softeners. Cut them slowly. Good luck
  • Posted

Clealy im doing something wrong.... both of you r painfree instantly? Omg im in awe

N wonder what im doing wrong.  Best wishes n happiness 

• Posted

Take sitz bath. And contact ur doctor. mine dr. said u can go to work. my concerns r still there in my mind. Biggest fear is of reccurence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.