I’ve this pressure in my upper jaw and head for 3 weeks now

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a health scare on the 31st of December thinking i was having a heart attack due to pounding palpitations and had a bp of 159/85 and me being health anxious got very worked up about it. After a few GP and said it was stress and heartburn, it was fine, i made a life style change but was very anxious and constantly worrying about my heart.

I then become flushed at night and pressure came about on my head. Crushing pressure yet there was no pain at all. in Mid January I had an insomniac episode that meant i had no sleep day or night for 4 days. I had called 111 and was given Diazepam.

I then had a checkup and told the GP about my head and facial pressure. he gave me Bisprolol and it helped with my BP but my "headache" has come back and upper jaw feels like its being pulled constantly 24hrs a day, it feels like my teeth are going to fall out. Only relief is chewing or moving about. If you would like at me everything would seem normal.

No one on the internet has seemed to have experienced the same thing and worried there may never be an answer.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could you be grinding your teeth when you are asleep? This can give you jaw and tooth pain as well as really bad headaches neck and shoulder pain.

Are you still getting palpitations? Do you get crushing chest pain?

• Posted

i use too, then i found a way to stop and the radiating jaw tension is still there, its mainly my forehead, the temples, the whole of my neck, and my upper jaw, its almost paralysing yet i can move it fine. It only happens when i'm not moving

• Posted

How did you stop grinding your teeth? I have had this problem since I was a kid?

The only thing I found that worked was botox but have since found out that it can give you arthritis in your jaw so I can't have it any more. I have similar pain to what you get, it used to get worse when I took anti depressants because teeth grinding is a big side effect. I take PPI tablets for reflux which also make me grind my teeth and jaw swing. I have a constant ache in my jaw, I get regular headaches, toothache, neck pain and pain behind my shoulder blade. I now think I have developed occipital neuralgia as a result. Look it up and see if your symptoms sound similar.

• Posted

i do have similar symptoms, but the problem is they don't hurt they're just either a tension or paralysing pressure. The sensation is complex to describe. I going to my gp to ask about it more. i was given bisoprolol but it just made it worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.