I wake up during my sleep with either panic attacks or anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 31 yearls old and been dealing with waking up with either panic attack or anxiety.. I recently had to go to the hospital to get my heart shocked cause it was so bad... I feel that i get these when my perido comes.. I just want it to go away.. Not having that feeling im going to wake up with an attack...

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Cassie

Why did you have your heart shocked ?

Regards your period you are not alone, I understand many women have the same problems Try iron Tablets they will help with your bloods.

BOB

BOB 

• Posted

So when i woke with this rapid heart i would not slow down.. They had to shock it back into rhythm and I've had to shocked long time ago as well.. But it was like 10 or 9 years ago.. But it seem that this happens when i have my period.. I just dont know what is causing this... Waking up with rapid heart rate.. Which my doctor says its night terrors... But my blood work came back ok and my blood presure was border line but cholesterol was good.. Im only get this when im sleeping.. I dont want to take meds but hopefully i cant treat it or it will go away...

• Posted

Cassie

If you are needing deflibuation, I would be asking if there is something available to help ?

Are the Night Terrors anything to do with past events ? Have they explained why they shock you

BOB

• Posted

Hi Cassie, I know how you feel with your periods. The hormones turn me into a moody emotional wreck. My sister calls it the PMT monster! Two options I can think of is firstly get your blood tested for anaemia, which can be easily resolved with iron tablets (as mentioned by borderriever). Also you could talk to your doctor about taking the contraceptive pill back to back so you don’t have a period. Hope you manage to get some relief from it x
  • Posted

Hi Cassie

I've never come across this before, but it seems to be a well recognized effect, apparently the drop in Estrogen is very commonly associated with an increase in heart rate and some people experience abnormal heart beats. Most people describe these as non dangerous.

It may be that its an awareness of the abnormal beats that wake you up, everyone is predisposed to wake up if they sense anything that might be dangerous and its not surprising that you would feel anxious.

I don't know if you have seen a cardiologist or discussed these symptoms with your GP but it does seem the sort of thing that they should be able to manage quite easily. If they had to shock your heart twice over time I'm surprised they haven't already discussed this with you.

Some people seem to find magnesium supplements helpful and as these tend to be pretty safe it might be worth a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.