i wake up every night in a cold sweat

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the last couple of months now ive woken up every night in a cold sweat and my whole body is soaking wet like ive just got out the bath and my bedding and pillow are drenched. ive had some blood tests to rule out menopause and thyroid problems and the doctor has no idea what the cause is .im a 37 year old healthy woman usually ..someone please shed some light if you can .thankyou. Gemma ......

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gemma.  Sorry for your problems, but they aren't the same as most of us are having.  Do you ever have any excessive sweating during the day?  Or any other time than at night?  That more how hyperhidrocis systoms manifest themselves.  Wish I could help!

• Posted

Ive always been quite a sweaty person since puberty. It started with my underarms and no matter how much i washed and used deodorants i would still sweat to the point where it was noticable and when i was in my late teens i went to docs and he gave a prescription for a strong deodorant but it irritated my skin ..then in my early 20's this problem started but ive not had it happen for quite a few years until now and its getting worse ..thankyou for your reply 

• Posted

Hi Gemma, 

Sorry I haven’t got any words of wisdom except, I’ve had all the bloods taken and everything returned normal... I wake every night drenched for the past 2 months... for no apparent or obvious reason? I too am a sweaty type person who will sweat consistently throughout the day irrespective of temperature or clothing. 

Just wanted to let you know that your not alone 😔

• Posted

In a way im glad im not alone in another im sorry for ya cos its really awful aint it ...im still suffering now and the doctor still is none the wiser ..i just wish it would stop so i can get a good nights sleep ..keep me posted if u get any close to knowing whats causing it and i will you ..thankyou for telling me 😉

• Posted

I have had the same problem for quite some time. I am now 30 years old and I tend to have less sweats during the cold seasons. But the hot seasons are terrible. I change my pajamas almost twice in a night and they just have to be washed the following day. I have tried deodorants with no success. But I resulted to using special bed sheets and mattress meant for people who sweat a lot while sleeping. I can say, I have improved so much. I am now more comfortable sleeping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.