I wake up several times at night,would then feel tired and have a headache for the day after.

Posted , 2 users are following.

male,21,this have been happening everyday for the last year and a half,it started as insomnia but when I eventually managed to get enough sleep not much have changed,my doctor told me there is nothing wrong with me and that I should seek psychological therapy,when I did I was told I was putting too much pressure on my self,after briefly attending sessions I stopped going and not much have improved, not for the main symptoms or other ones.

other issues I am dealing with is substantial hair thinning, and it was pointed out to me by my barber more than once,huge eye bags,a very dry throat in the morning,a soft erection at the morning or incapable of having one after waking up, a tingling sensation in my extremities that intensifies when I skip a meal and ofcourse huge difficulty focusing and memory difficulties according to myself only throughout all day.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I have the same problem as you but maybe not that serious. Hope my experience can help you.

I suffer it for last year when I began my master study, it is so stressful. I always wakes up at night and feel extremely anxious about it. Especially when something important needs to do tomorrow. When I check my phone, it says 3 am that makes me crazy… I feel I cannot sleep well anymore and there is little time for me to sleep. It’s so suffering… and affect my work and study. Also,I sleep late.

I tried to eat medicine that can buy in Boots, it helps but makes me dizzy and dull. I think it's not good for my brain. So... I began to do some research about it.. I found that people in the past sleep before the Industrial Revolution slept in two phases. They slept from 21 pm-2 am to clear their fatigue from daytime work and then woke up to enjoy their personal time. That shocked me. And I tried to do what they do and it really helps! Instead of feeling worried about my sleep, I choose to do some reading and writing even cleaning, in a relaxing mood. Just wait for my body to tell me when to go back to bed and follow it. And I always fall sleep soon and have good quality.

Thus, maybe it's the stress that makes you can't have a good sleep. What about stop wishing to sleep and try to make yourself relax?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.